30/31 Day Challenge: Day 12 - Stripes

Ok...so after yesterdays awesome dots, today we have stripes. And I hate em.
Wanting to do Grey and Pink was great in my head until I realized I picked a grey that takes 3 coats to get opaque for a tape mani. Which you may or may not know, but when doing a tape mani you really wanted the thinnest and quickest drying polishes possible. So it was kinda time consuming, which Missy does not do too well. Patience. pfffft.

So...for this the base is Recycle by China Glaze. When I first bought this, I adored it. Now though, I feel like there are much better and much more opaque versions of this color. Sadly, I don't own those. Time to start looking, do you have a favorite medium grey that is opaque in one or two coats? Tell me about it if you do!


I taped off some stripe patterns using striping tape and then I used Orly Preamp for the pink.


Finished with Hard Candy's matte top coat.


Now take a gander at what everyone else is doing today for their stripes!




You Might Also Like

17 comments

  1. It looks great though!!! MMM stripes :D I just used Misa Deep Breath and loved it. It may be lighter than you are looking for though. Check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like how preamp looks over the grey. Yet another polish I've waffled over and want more and more every day. And three coats for recycle. That's bogus in my book. I don't have patience like that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i know...i loved recycle when i first got into nails, i guess back when i didnt realize there were so many grays that were better!

      Delete
  3. You may hate them but I think they look gorgeous. I used a grey base as well for my stripes. It's New York Color Sidewalkers it's opaque in 2 coats and it's fast dry ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awww thanks! im gonna check that out, someone else suggested it too and what have i got to lose for 2 bucks?! thanks!

      Delete
  4. I second the suggestion of NYC Sidewalkers. The formula is great, I sometimes just do one thick coat and it levels out nicely and dries fairly quick.
    I do love your colors, though, especially how shimmery the pink is!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awesome. two stamps of approval is all i need - thanks!!!

      Delete
  5. Interesting combo this is something that I wouldn't thought of using together but they really worked well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perfection! I really wished I had bought Preamp now! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, please feel free to leave one! I can't always respond due to time constraints or pure forgetfulness, but if you have a specific question about something, ask here or email me!