Swatch & Review - Shimmer Karen


Welcome to Shimmer Week on Gnarly Gnails!
The lovely Cindy of Shimmer was kind enough to send me a bucketfull of  her beautiful polishes to review.
Since I had so many to work with I decided to swatch them a bit differently. Each of the 10 polishes I have to show you this week will be done as 50/50 Manicures so you can see the base vs. over the base, to see how well these cover. I will walk through the review picture by picture. Let's get started.

Karen:

Todays Shimmer polish is Karen - and I've paired her up with another pink beauty - Flutter by Sinful Colors.


Macro photo of Karen - described by Shimmer's creator, Cindy, as  lavender pink with a hint of plum glitter. Of course, no Shimmer polish is ever that easily dismissed. There is MUCH more going on here.


Karen was one of those polishes that we oohed and aahed about when the bubble wrap came off. Firstly, it's my boyfriends moms name, so we liked that. It's also pink, and we're pretty fond of pink around here. Well, I am. And frankly, that's all that matters!


Karen is swatched here as one thick coat over 3 coats of Sinful Colors Flutter. This is one of the best examples of seeing how well one coat covers. You can still see the vaguest traces of the base color, you know at two coats you are getting max coverage with these polishes.


There is so much SPARKLE in a Shimmer polish, if you ask me, Shimmer is a vast understatement!


My favorite parts of Shimmer polishes has come to be the surprise holo glitters and TONS of square glitters in every single polish!


As for Flutter....she did ok. She was a little streaky, but the final look was worth it.


Karen was a pleasure to swatch as I had expected at this point - the Shimmer brand is VERY consistent with every single polish you can expect great coverage and an easy peasy application!   They do dry gritty, which is why each one I finish off with a coat of Gelous and then a standard Quick Dry top coat.  Shimmer can be found on Etsy and they retail for $12 per bottle.



You Might Also Like

1 comments

I love reading your comments, please feel free to leave one! I can't always respond due to time constraints or pure forgetfulness, but if you have a specific question about something, ask here or email me!