Interviews with Indies - Shimmer



This weeks Interviews with Indies features Cindy of...





What is the name of your brand?
Shimmer

What is your name/names of everyone involved in your brand?
Cindy

What got you started in the polish making market?
Since I was a child, I always dabbled
in crafts. Makeup, clothes, jewelry have always been some of my favorite hobbies. I
started creating polishes because I wanted something a little different. I wanted to create
a polish that had different colors that molded together.

Do you have a background that was conducive to getting started in this field?
(example: were you a chemistry major, work in a lab, have an art degree, etc...)
I am not a chemist but I am great at trial and error.
I had a heck of a time getting the perfect formula that made me want to wear the polishes
on my nails. I have taken art courses before and growing up; there wasn’t a museum that
I didn’t explore.

What is your thought process when naming colors?
I have had really supportive friends and family, I consider myself to be quite lucky.
Naming my line of polishes after my loved ones is really my way of thanking them for
being so wonderful.

Where do you derive your inspiration for your creations?
It goes back and forth. Sometimes I create a color and think of my group of friends and
family, I try to find the person that the specific color evokes in my mind.
Other times, I name the person and I just get creative naming the polishes.
There are also some (cough) like Cassandra that demand to be a certain color.

Where do you create?
I create at home; let’s just say I no longer have a dining room. The complete and entire
dining room and a part of the kitchen have been invaded with glitter. The best thing about
glitter is that it floats, this means that it gets EVERYWHERE. Anyone who enters my
home is pretty much going to get glitter on them.

Do you make polish full time?
No, I do not. I would like to ideally.

What is your favorite polish that you did NOT make?
Smitten with Mittens by OPI, holiday collection from 2009 I believe.
I love all red polishes, LOVE.
This one has very fine delicate gold glitters under the red base; it really makes the color
just glow.

What is your favorite polish brand?
I am and have always been loyal to OPI. Close runner-ups are Ozotic and Glitter Gal.

What is your favorite polish from your own line?
Airriann-the first color of my line.

What is the best part about making polish?
I love the creation process. LOVE IT!
Mixing and formulating color combinations. I love seeing how the color finally turns out.
I also love seeing the pictures bloggers and fans send me. It makes me so happy.

What is the worst?
CLEANUP.
If you don’t like glitter all over your home, don’t make glitter polishes.

How many polish shades have you made to date?
I currently have 32 shades, not including customs.

How many polishes do you have in your own personal stash?
Well over 300…embarrassing…

What is your one favorite ingredient?
Holographic glitter, it just makes everything better!

Do you make non-polish products? If so, tell us about them!
Jewelry (see below)

Tell us where your polishes are available to purchase?
www.etsy.com/shop/shimmerpolish

Do you have a website/facebook/blog? Give us any links you want.
www.shimmyshimmer.com
www.facebook.com/shimmerpolish

What does the future hold for your brand?
I have no idea, but I am excited to see how happy my fans are of Shimmer!

Do you have anything else you'd like my readers to know about you or your brand?
I just wanted to thank everyone for my current success! Really proud to be able to make
something that people really enjoy! <3


Let's check out some of Cindy's great creations!


Shimmer Cassandra


Shimmer Linna


Through the Rain


Out the Door


Thank you so much for making such a fantastic product Cindy! I've certainly loved swatching your polishes this week, and for anyone that missed them, here is a brief recap:

 













You Might Also Like

2 comments

I love reading your comments, please feel free to leave one! I can't always respond due to time constraints or pure forgetfulness, but if you have a specific question about something, ask here or email me!