30/31 Day Challenge: Day 30 - A Tutorial

Todays prompt for the 31 Day Challenge is 'A Tutorial'
This can be to make one, to follow one or...I dunno, something with a tutorial!
I had grand ideas to recreate my Glitterfish mani today with a tutorial, alot of people had asked me for one so I really wanted to do this, since Day 1 of this Challenge.
But as is the case most of the days of MY life, this goal was not meant to see fruition.
I simply don't have a memory card large enough in my camera to film a lengthy tutorial. So I decided I would try to film one on my webcam. After an hour of creating the mani and filming it, waiting for polishes to dry, etc...I replayed it and it was just a mess.
So....long story short, today I am following someone else's tutorial.
I found this on the Dazzle Dry Facebook page a few days ago and figured I'd give it a go:

http://nailingitdown.blogspot.com/2012/09/layered-sweetheart-nails-with-dazzle-dry.html

So here is my version:

For this heart chevron design, I started with a base of Catrice Steel My Soul. It s a stunning greige with  golden shimmer. Then I taped that off with reinforcement dots like in the tutorial and painted on the second color - Catrice Steel My Soul. A gorgeous taupe with blue and pink flecks. Both of the Catrice Steel polishes have a brushed metal texture - even after top coat you can still see it's texture in these photos. They were one coaters too!


Once dry, I taped my final section and painted the tips with China Glaze Midtown Magic. A reddish brown with gold and red shimmer.


Finished the manicure off with Butter London Quick Dry Topcoat.


I ADORE this color combination!



Feel free to visit the rest of the ladies participating in this challenge and see their tutorial versions:





You Might Also Like

16 comments

  1. Sorry for the frustration! I think the one you did turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! Love! Need those Catrice polishes! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you do - they are awesome and i bet they are insane for stamping!

      Delete
  3. These look awesome!!! I have been wanting to do this design but knew that I wouldn't get the nice lines. The reinforcement stickers will be perfect! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they are awesome for this but they arent super sticky like tape!

      Delete
  4. I am so confused. I really thought I was following you, but apparently not! Oh well. I am following you now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love the colors and the different shapes of this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are creative , You amaze me with the different varieties and lovely idea that you bring

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, please feel free to leave one! I can't always respond due to time constraints or pure forgetfulness, but if you have a specific question about something, ask here or email me!