Swatch & Review - Shimmer Erica


Welcome to Shimmer Week on Gnarly Gnails!
The lovely Cindy of Shimmer was kind enough to send me a bucketfull of  her beautiful polishes to review.
Since I had so many to work with I decided to swatch them a bit differently. Each of the 10 polishes I have to show you this week will be done as 50/50 Manicures so you can see the base vs. over the base, to see how well these cover. I will walk through the review picture by picture. Let's get started.

Erica:

I'm swatching Erica alongside Illamasqua Rampage, an insanely beautiful forest green jelly polish.


Erica in Macro vision. Cindy of Shimmer describes this is as Crystal Peridot. Pretty spot on Cindy! Tons of varying shades of green glitters along with aqua and blue, gold and silver.


And here is our 50/50 Erica/Rampage manicure. I've used 2 coats of Rampage with 1 thick coat of Erica over it.


As with every Shimmer I have swatched, Erica is no exception in the glitterbomb category!


Erica was a breeze to apply, the Shimmer formula is absolutely perfect, not too thick, not too thin. I literally could think of no cons when I was applying these polishes.


I won't lie - I am a SUCKER for gold. Gold glitter? Kill me now. I adored every minute I wore this manicure.


As for Rampage...this polish sat far too long in my untrieds. It was my first Illamasqua purchase ever, and it did not dissapoint. I was sad when looking at it in the house, it seemed almost black. But the next day, outside, it was GORGEOUS. 2 coats made this a show stopping green jelly. THE perfect companion for Erica.


Erica was a delight to apply and to wear, as were all of the polishes I received from Shimmer.
Every swatch of Shimmers this week has been finished off with 1 coat of Gelous + 1 coat of Jordana Quick Dry Top Coat.



You Might Also Like

11 comments

I love reading your comments, please feel free to leave one! I can't always respond due to time constraints or pure forgetfulness, but if you have a specific question about something, ask here or email me!