30/31 Day Challenge: Day 3 - Yellow

Welcome to Day 3 of the 30/31 Day Challenge - Today it's Yellow Day.
Alot of ladies and bloggers have a love/hate relationship with yellow. It's a hard color to wear, whether it is clothing or nail polish (or even hair!) - and when it comes to polish, yellow is usually plagued with problematic application.
I personally love yellow. For being kind of a dark person by nature, I love super bright colors like yellow and hot pink.
So it's no wonder that today is one of my favorite days in this challenge.

Let's see what I did...

I made a jelly sandwich! If you don't know - this is when you layer a sheer or opaque polish on the bottom, then a glitter, then a sheer polish on top. Here I used Color Club Almost Famous as my underpantalones, then a layer of Butter London's Tart with a Heart and then I finished with 2 coats of Deborah Lippmann's Yellow Brick Road, which is a wicked awesome super sheer yellow jelly polish.


I can't get over how juicy and glittery this is. Tart with a Heart is a must have for glitter lovers. It looks awesome on it's own, but still very cool here under another polish.


This mani also has a coat of Out the Door top coat for added juice-tastic-ness.


How can you not LOVE yellow?!?!


So there you have it. I hope you liked my little slice of lemonade. Now go see what the other ladies in this challenge came up with:









P.S.
Don't forget to enter the Gnarly Gnails 500 Follower Giveaway!
Ends 9.01.2012 and is open Internationally!

You Might Also Like

11 comments

  1. I love this shade, it looks so... well, sunny! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely like the glitter that you added! :)

    btw, I'm a new follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. welcome!! the glitter is gorgeous, i need to wear it out on it's own and let it sparkle!

      Delete
  3. It looks soooo squishy! I love it! And underpantalones is my new favorite word. I'll try to work it into as many conversations as possible.. which might be creepy but I don't care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks! glad to help!
      i'm from california originally, so i've got all sorts of random spanglish i spout off!

      Delete
  4. Wow! This is so gorgeous! Love it! Wow! I know I already said that but it needs repeating! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am also one of the few that loves the color yellow. Great Mani, I love it!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, please feel free to leave one! I can't always respond due to time constraints or pure forgetfulness, but if you have a specific question about something, ask here or email me!