Digit-al Dozen Blue Week - Day 5

It's been a fantastic week doing Theme Week for our Digit-al Dozen Group!
I wanted to go out with a bang on this last blue mani - I do like it, but bangworthy? Eh...


One day I was swatching some blues and realized I had three blues all with the same finish and in the  same family and all just a shade or two off.  Thats when this idea was born. Here I've used (from cuticle, to middle to free edge) - Barry M Denim, Face of Australia You Blue Me Away, Maybelline Denim Dash.


I started with the base of Barry M Denim, then I cut some tape in a wave pattern and painted in You Blue Me Away. Waited for that to dry and did the last layer using more tape and Denim Dash.


Finished with a coat of Out the Door Top Coat.


I do like how it gives off a sort of giant water marble look.








You Might Also Like

10 comments

  1. I definitely thought this was a water marble at first. It's gorgeous, I love the subtle-ness of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. U did such a great job on this. I am loving it!! Colors look so good together!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore this! So subtle but yet so intricate and awesome :) Well done!

    http://abundanceoferica.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  4. i do love the wave pattern tho xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh! I really love this! Subtle but then not at the same time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a creative tape mani! I feel like abstract designs are sometimes hard to pull off, but this one looks flawless :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty!!! Love the blues and the gorgeous design.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, please feel free to leave one! I can't always respond due to time constraints or pure forgetfulness, but if you have a specific question about something, ask here or email me!