30/31 Day Challenge: Day 16 - Tribal Print

Tribal Print.
Tribal.
I'm sorry, in advance, if I offend any of my lovely readers when I say this - but I hate the tribal nails fad, I hate tribal tattoos, I am just not a fan of anything that ever has the word "Tribal" in it. Ick.
This was one of my least favorite days of the challenge, but luckily thanks to Mash and Bundle Monster, I was able to stamp my way through it....

So I started with a white base, 3 coats of Revlon Powder Puff Matte Suede (which, is actually matte, unlike some of their Matte Suede line!) Then I stamped in tri-color using The Balm/Hot Ticket in Better Off Red, China Glaze Holly-Day and Konad Black.


Plates I used were: Mash 41, 42 and 45 and Bundle Monster 315. Finished with BL Matte top coat. And to top it all off, this terrible mani smeared because I didn't wait long enough to top coat it. Oh well!


Check out the other ladies' tribal print mani's today!




You Might Also Like

21 comments

  1. Aw, you sound just heartbroken about that smearing! ;)
    I really like the stamp you used on your thumb and forefinger, especially using different colours like you did, but I'm not a big fan of the 'tribal' trends either. Sometimes I might really like a specific design itself, but the whole generic "tribal" name really puts me off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The smears were just par for the course! Thanks!! I totally feel ya on the tribalz!

      Delete
  2. these are beautiful!!!!!!!! they caught my eye as soon as i signed onto blogger!

    ReplyDelete
  3. my favorite is the crazy zig zaggs on the pinky ;)

    xoxo
    gin

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree about the tribal trend. I don't like it because a lot of it seems inauthentic, and inauthenticity seems disrespectful. I didn't want to do this day very much, but I did because I don't like incompleteness more, lol! I based my design on what seems to be a Native American design. I tried to find a pattern from my own tribe, but it's extremely difficult to weed out the inauthentic images. I just finished it, and I'll be posting it on facebook tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thats pretty much exacty how i feel too. its taking something sacred and turning into something fashionable. i just think some things should be left alone.

      Delete
  5. lol - i love triabl, but can't do it - it's far too intricate for me, but i love your stamped version. Cheer yourself up - go and have a laugh at mine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. girl - if i hadn't found stamps for this challenge i'd have been screwed, doing that crap freehand just aint for me!

      Delete
  6. For not liking tribal manis, you did a great job with this one. The colors really pop against the white background, I LOVE this!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think you managed to make it less tribal tribal with the colors you chose (uh, does that make sense?). And I love it like this. Tribal nail art isn't my fav either!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Uhhhhh me so sad... why you no like tribal? Lol...

    I really could care less, but I wanted to give you a hard time. LOL...

    This is pretty though. I like the different color blending you did. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautiful colors that you chose for this, sorry that you don't like them. To me ,tribal nails can be a bit "busy".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. agreed. its just a lot more going on that i like on a small area like a nail!

      Delete
  10. Delicate, precise and a great colour combo -for someone who doesn't like tribal you managed to nail this trend! no pun intended :p

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, please feel free to leave one! I can't always respond due to time constraints or pure forgetfulness, but if you have a specific question about something, ask here or email me!