Swatch & Review - Shimmer Lorene

Welcome to Shimmer Week on Gnarly Gnails!
The lovely Cindy of Shimmer was kind enough to send me a bucketfull of  her beautiful polishes to review.
Since I had so many to work with I decided to swatch them a bit differently. Each of the 10 polishes I have to show you this week will be done as 50/50 Manicures so you can see the base vs. over the base, to see how well these cover. I will walk through the review picture by picture. Let's get started.

Lorene:

My Shimmer swatch partner for Lorene is Nails Inc Paris - a gorgeous pale pink with tons of silver shimmer.


Touted as a Raspberry Melange glitter, this Macro of Lorene shows the complexity of this polish. TONS of complimentary colors and shapes abound - it's an alternative rainbow!


The Nails Inc Paris really paired well with Lorene, I think it really brought out alot of the pinker qualities of the complex glitter concoction.


Lorene is shown here over 2 coats of Paris. This polish was a dream to apply, can't you just tell by looking at it?


Every Shimmer polish I have tried thus far is highly packed with glitters and an unparalelled formula. You will not find another brand of glitter polish that applies this easily.


This mani was achieved using a strip of tape on each nail and 1 thick coat of Lorene over the pink base color.


The Nails Inc polish, Paris, was also a well-formulated polish - 2 coats, no problems!


Shimmer Lorene was pure perfection in formulation and color. This was another favorite of mine to apply - but you know me and pink!! This is one of the more bombed-out full on glitters.  Shimmer can be found on Etsy and they retail for $12 per bottle.
Every swatch of Shimmers this week has been finished off with 1 coat of Gelous + 1 coat of Jordana Quick Dry Top Coat.



You Might Also Like

4 comments

I love reading your comments, please feel free to leave one! I can't always respond due to time constraints or pure forgetfulness, but if you have a specific question about something, ask here or email me!