Digit-al Dozen Blue Week - Day 2

Starting Day 2 of the Digit-al Dozen Theme Week...today we are doing a comparison of some blues in my stash...



We are going to be comparing these polishes!
From left to right we have:
Kleancolor Metallic Sapphire, Spa Ritual Meditate on This, Sally Hansen Laser and Sinful Colors Lagoon


You can see here which polishes are where. Here is the info on their application:
Lagoon - 2 coats
Laser - 3 coats
Meditate on This - 3 coats
Metallic Sapphire - 1 coat


All of these swatches are without top coat.


As you can see/read, the Sally Hansen Laser and Spa Ritual Meditate on This are both sheer, needing 3 coats for each one. They are pretty similar in color as well, the Spa Ritual polish shows a bit more glass fleck and more purple lean. I prefer it to Laser.
Sinful Colors Lagoon is an art striper polish, but think outside the box, these polishes work just as good for a full mani. This one has the most purple, its basically a duochrome, but it is slightly frosty so be careful with application to cut down on brushstrokes. Kleancolor Metallic Sapphire is the big winner in terms of opacity and overall application. The Kleancolor Metallics line are great for stamping too. Except for white, the Metallic White sucks.





You Might Also Like

14 comments

  1. great comparison. out of the 4 i only own laser

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i love laser, i wish it had translated that duochrome more on the nail though!

      Delete
  2. I suck hahaha I literally don't see a difference between these four! That said, this is really an amazing color :)

    http://abundanceoferica.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i think sometimes when doing comparisons, its so hard to get what you see in person and what you see upon application to come across in photos!

      Delete
  3. Great comparison I don't own any of the 4 but I might get Kleancolor

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you can't go wrong with kleancolor metallics, they have so many great uses!

      Delete
  4. they all look very similar! i have a blue holo comparison tomo :) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah crap. I have Metallic White, figured it wouldn't do well for stamping. But I love the post!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad I'm not the only one who can't get Laser to translate on the nail.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah i hate when that happens. i dont even get why companies make an awesome duochrome and then not test it on the nail, why bother!?

      Delete
  7. Ooh, the SpaRitual is so pretty! I have Laser and I always want to purge it, but I keep hoping it will look like it does in the bottle :'(

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, please feel free to leave one! I can't always respond due to time constraints or pure forgetfulness, but if you have a specific question about something, ask here or email me!