Swatch & Review - Shimmer Nichole


Welcome to Shimmer Week on Gnarly Gnails!
The lovely Cindy of Shimmer was kind enough to send me a bucketfull of  her beautiful polishes to review.
Since I had so many to work with I decided to swatch them a bit differently. Each of the 10 polishes I have to show you this week will be done as 50/50 Manicures so you can see the base vs. over the base, to see how well these cover. I will walk through the review picture by picture. Let's get started.

Nichole:

I'm swatching Nichole with a super gorgeous blue polish by Ruby Kisses called Dance with the Devil.


Nichole Macro shot. Cindy from Shimmer calls Nichole 'Red, Silver and Blue Melange Glitter" - it is indeed filled with these colors, along with some complementary pinks and golds.


At first thought you might think this is a mostly patriotic type of polish (or at least I did)  - but it so much more than that. The added colors in this glitter really give it the oomph to be an everyday glitter not just relegated to the 4th of July and Memorial Day BBQ's.


Nichole was a glitter rich polish that bombed out in 1 thick coat, shown here. You simply do not need more than that!


The formula was insanely awesome, like every single other one I swatched!


This is one I am really excited to wear on it's own very soon! So much depth!


Dance with the Devil was equally pleasurable to apply. 2 nice even coats for a stunning dark cobalt shimmer!


Nichole was another awesome dream polish to apply. This was one of the more bombed out full on glitters.  Shimmer can be found on Etsy and they retail for $12 per bottle.
Every swatch of Shimmers this week has been finished off with 1 coat of Gelous + 1 coat of Jordana Quick Dry Top Coat.


You Might Also Like

8 comments

I love reading your comments, please feel free to leave one! I can't always respond due to time constraints or pure forgetfulness, but if you have a specific question about something, ask here or email me!