Interviews with Indies - Starrily



What is the name of your brand?
Starrily

What is your name/names of everyone involved in your brand?
Mawi, Hermie and our team of little helping elves, tay, naj, lub and rim

What got you started in the polish making market?
I have been interested in nail polish ever since I was a young kid. I finally saved up enough money to start my own line. 

Do you have a background that was conducive to getting started in this field?
(example: were you a chemistry major, work in a lab, have an art degree, etc...)
I work as a freelance graphic designer and went to school for graphic arts. 

What is your thought process when naming colors? 
Actually, I work backwards, I like to think of a name first and then make a polish that resembles the name.

Where do you derive your inspiration for your creations?
I see art in everything. From patterns of a butterfly, to nebulas in the sky, there is so much art everywhere in our universe. 

Where do you create?
I create in my apartment in Brooklyn. 

Do you make polish full time?
Not at the moment, but maybe in the future

What is your favorite polish that you did NOT make?
Only Gold For Me by Sephora, I get so many compliments everytime I wear it and it is just so pretty! 

What is your favorite polish brand?
I love OPI

What is your favorite polish from your own line?
I would have to say my favorite polish is Halloween Night. Its very unique and my best seller! 

What is the best part about making polish?
My favorite part is thinking up new colors. It is alot of trial and error to see what looks good and what doesn't. 

What is the worst?
Getting glitter everywhere! 

How many polish shades have you made to date?
I would say about 30 

How many polishes do you have in your own personal stash?
Too many to count! 

What is your one favorite ingredient?
Glitter. We have a hate-love relationship. :)

Do you make non-polish products? If so, tell us about them!
Oh yes, I make my own cute handmade jewelry as well. I own the company Rawrcakes, you can see our website at www.rawrcakes.com 

Tell us where your polishes are available to purchase?
For now they are available at www.starrily.etsy.com but pretty soon we will launch our own site, www.starrily.com 

Do you have a website/facebook/blog? Give us any links you want.
and of course www.starrily.com which is coming very soon! 

What does the future hold for your brand?
I am hoping to expand my brand into a full time job.
Do you have anything else you'd like my readers to know about you or your brand?
We include mini scratch offs in each order so you can see if you won something! 


Crazy Candy


Red Sea


Cookies n Cream


Awesome - those are some gorgeous looking polishes!
Stop by the Starrily shop today and get yourself an 11% OFF Discount by using code "Gnarly11" at checkout!

Starrily is also doing a 500 Fan Giveaway for Free Full Size Bottles of Nail Polishes of your choice! Just go like them on Facebook to participate!
(US and Canada only)





You Might Also Like

0 comments

I love reading your comments, please feel free to leave one! I can't always respond due to time constraints or pure forgetfulness, but if you have a specific question about something, ask here or email me!