Swatch & Review - Shimmer Adrienne

Welcome to Shimmer Week on Gnarly Gnails!
The lovely Cindy of Shimmer was kind enough to send me a bucketfull of  her beautiful polishes to review.
Since I had so many to work with I decided to swatch them a bit differently. Each of the 10 polishes I have to show you this week will be done as 50/50 Manicures so you can see the base vs. over the base, to see how well these cover. I will walk through the review picture by picture. Let's get started.

Adrienne:

Starting off with Shimmer Adrienne, I accompanied her with Maybelline Color Show Polish in Blue Blowout, a light blue metallic.


Adrienne in Macro. Cindy defines this polish as Blue and Gold glitter polish but man, is it ever more than that. Every one of her polishes is a bona-fide glitterbomb!


So here is Adrienne and Blue Blowout in the 50/50 Manicure. The two colors complement each other really well.


The formula on Adrienne was perfection. These polishes were designed for maximum glitter coverage, and yet you CAN use a lighter hand for just a glitter spatter if you wanted. But who wants to skimp on the glitter??


The application of Adrienne here is just ONE thick coat over Blue Blowout.


There is clearly alot more going on here than just Blue and Gold glitters. There are lots of colors that all complement one another just perfectly. But blue and gold are the predominant colors that pop in this polish.


As for Blue Blowout - its a great metallic with problematic application. Its balds up on just the first coat, you have to really be careful not to go over anything twice. And it brushstrokes like a mofo. So the texture on it here is due to a 3rd sponged on coat to hide my strokes.


Adrienne was definitely one of my favorites of the bunch I received from Shimmer. I loved the ease of application and this polish was one of the sparser of the bunch, meaning a light hand would yield a finer coat of glitter - which wasn't what I was going for here, but I like that that still shows through in the photos.
Every swatch of Shimmers this week has been finished off with 1 coat of Gelous + 1 coat of Jordana Quick Dry Top Coat.


You Might Also Like

10 comments

  1. Replies
    1. thanks! thought it would be cool to stand out a little with all of the shimmer swatches i have been seeing!

      Delete
  2. such a cool way to swatch them ! i'm loving mine too - even the eeeek green!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it when I don't have to fish in my glitter polishes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. no maam - this is like picking fish out of a barrel with your bare hands.

      Delete
  4. You make perfect pairings with my shimmers. thank you! <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous. I'm really excited to see the other manis, as I kinda love the 50/50 thing :D

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, please feel free to leave one! I can't always respond due to time constraints or pure forgetfulness, but if you have a specific question about something, ask here or email me!