30/31 Day Challenge - Day 25: Fashion

Everytime I would read this days challenge, I broke out in David Bowie voice and strutted around singing FASHION! Turn to the Left!
Ok, I didn't except in my head.
Today was a tough one, I had a gorgeous Alexander McQueen dress picked out to replicate, then when I went to physically do the challenge, I didn't think I could do it, so I looked around for something else and couldn't really find something cool, so I ended up circling back to that dress and just going for it.

This is my inspiration:



So..yeah. Not totally close, but I call it a re-imagining. I just simply don't have a cool snakeskin stamp so the more alligator like stamp i used looks like skeleton teeth to me!


My base color is China Glaze Ruby Pumps. Then I sponged on bits of white and black.


After the sponging I stamped on portions of the stamp design in red, black and white in haphazard spots.




So let's see what kinda cool stuff everyone else did for Fashion Day!




You Might Also Like

16 comments

  1. This is really cool, I love that it has a grunge feel to it and your inspiration is the bomb I love Alexander McQueen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks! i heart him - glad to see cool stuff still coming out of his brand after he's gone.

      Delete
  2. I love your interpretation, it's much nice than the outfit LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is one amazing dress you used for inspiration. Great mani.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jaw drop, instant crush, LOVE IT. You did a fantastic job with these, Missy! And now I'm going to have David Bowie in my head all day. Which is never a bad thing. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww thank you!
      you are right, never a bad thing, especially classic bowie!

      Delete
  5. Those are so cool! I'm in awe of your mad skills!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awww haha thanks! id hardly call it that but i appreciate the compliment!

      Delete
  6. i think this TOTALLY works - cool job xx

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, please feel free to leave one! I can't always respond due to time constraints or pure forgetfulness, but if you have a specific question about something, ask here or email me!