30/31 Day Challenge: Day 22 - A Song

I've been pretty excited about these next few challenges since I started this!
Mostly in theory, I'm sure my execution on some of these ideas will not be near as exciting...
So today is Inspiration from A Song.
I chose my number 1 favoritest song ever ever. It's called All on Black by Alkaline Trio.
I love this song so much that I have the title tattooed across my stomach, really big.

First lets see the band:

These are some lyrics from the song - and the band. Dan, Matt and Derek.


Now let's hear the song (there is no official video for this song sadly)



And now how about some lyrics...

I put it all on black, the color you're all dressed in
And a stab in the back left you bleeding on the floor
And they're mourning the death, the recent passing of your insides
I smile in regret every time I think of how I spoke to you

I put it all in back of my mind where I hold you
I'm just trying to keep track how far back it really goes
And I'm living in lack of the blood sent from the Heavens
I'm just trying to relax as a killer's waiting right outside my door

What's black and white, what's red all over
This tired book, this organ donor

Sweet blasphemy, my giving tree, it hasn't rained in years
I bring to you this sacrificial offering of virgin ears
Leave it to me, I'll remain free from all the comforts of home
And where that is, I'm pleased as piss to say, "I'll never really know"
[From: http://www.elyrics.net/read/a/alkaline-trio-lyrics/all-on-black-lyrics.html ]

I put 'em all in black, the four walls of my bedroom
And I trimmed them in red, peeled your picture off the wall
And I'm living in lack of the blood sent from your heartbeat
That arrived in your neck every time I salivated over you

What's upside down, what's coated in silver
This crucifix is my four leaf clover

Sweet blasphemy, my giving tree, it hasn't rained in years
I bring to you this sacrificial offering of virgin ears
Leave it to me, I'll remain free from all the comforts of home
And where that is, I'm pleased as piss to say, "I'll never really know"

One of these days it's gonna catch up to you
Throwin' looks like those around
And one of these nights I promise to you
I'll soon be sleeping sound as soon as I leave town


So now you've had a quick lesson in my favoritest band ever. Let's see about these nailz.

So obviously I took parts from the song and added them to each nail...


We have some crucifix's, four leaf clovers (for the lyric: what's upside down, what's coated in silver? this crucifix is my four leaf clover), a book (for the lyric: whats black and white, whats red all over? this tired book this organ donor) and some blood, since Alkaline Trio is known for always having some form of blood or bleeding in their lyrics.


The base for all these nails was Finger Paints Black Expressionism. The ring finger (book)  was a combination of Color Club Rad Nomad, OPI Alpine White and China Glaze Goin My Way all sponged on to look like an old book page.


For the crucifix fingers I used a striping brush and Orly Solid Gold. The four leaf clover nail was done using white and Kleancolor Metallic Green to stamp the design on. The book finger is also a stamp and the pinkie is a splatter using Sally Hansen Rapid Red.




So yes, overall I am very pleased with how these turned out!
Check out all the other song inspired fingers today:







You Might Also Like

17 comments

  1. Whoa, I just got WAY too excited when I saw these guys at the top of your post!! They are also my favorite band, and I've got their logo tattooed on my shoulder. Your nails are such a badass representation of this song, I LOVE them :}

    ReplyDelete
  2. MISSY! I literally GASPED when I saw not only the boys, but what song you picked. One of my favorites!!

    I have one of their lyrics tattooed across my shoulders. No wonder I like you so much! That mani is perfect! PERFECT! The clovers, the crucifixes, blood spatter...guh. Just, guh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are really cool! I love the book stamp! What stamp is it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. awesome! that book page turned out really well xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. So creative, love it :)

    https://abundanceoferica.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love these!! You should do a post one day about all of your tattoos... Love tattoos :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awww cool - maybe i will sprinkle them in here and there!

      Delete
  7. Holy crap these are amazing! kick ass perfection :D

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, please feel free to leave one! I can't always respond due to time constraints or pure forgetfulness, but if you have a specific question about something, ask here or email me!