30/31 Day Challenge: Day 20 - Water Marble

These last 10-ish mani's - some of em are tough (ie SUCK!)
I hate water marbles.
This is not to say I do not like them at all, I just don't like doing them. I am very impressed by what others can do with them, but I've tried them twice, plus a few guinea pig attempts on my boyfriend, and I just failed failed failed so bad I swore I'd never do one again.
Now, I could have faked it for today and stamped it or needle dragged it, but I sucked it up like a big girl and tried it again.
I actually didn't hate it. I started last week, assuming I would need a full weeks worth of trying to get one decent shot at it, but I kinda nailed it the first try this time. It's not great, it's far from perfect, but I liked it with the exception of something weird that happened on the index.


For this marble I started with a base of Orly Au Champagne. I marbled with Julep Brandt (a very dark dark grey), American Apparel Pink Ladies (a salmon pink) and OPI Pink Friday (a pale blue pink)


I so loved the color choices I picked for this, they worked together so well!


My favorite part of this water marble was my pinky. I loved the bleeding dots that made it look like a butterfly.


And now, please check out the other ladies in the 31 Day Challenge and their Water Marbling efforts:





You Might Also Like

12 comments

  1. I love the way this looks like old fashioned glass marbles that I played with when I was a child...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's gorgeous! I'm worried about water marble too but you're inspired me to have a go; wish me luck :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awww good luck!! thank you, im gonna go see how yours turned out!

      Delete
  3. I used to feel this way about water marbles sort of like they were God's curse to lacqueristas, but I definitely adore them now! I love the colors you chose here and I'd suggest to keep trying because once you get the hang of water marbling then it gets so addicting!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. im on the fence with the whole thing. i do like their look, but the cleanup is a nightmare! especially when its anyones guess if it turns out for the trouble! but this one was fun.

      Delete
  4. Its funny that we both seem to hate it :D And still yours turned out WAY better than mine did...mine was just not working at all >_<

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. im surprised this turned out even half decent. i was ready for failure!

      Delete
  5. These turned out great! I suck at water marble! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. me too! sooo using them together for something else one day soon!

      Delete

I love reading your comments, please feel free to leave one! I can't always respond due to time constraints or pure forgetfulness, but if you have a specific question about something, ask here or email me!