Teal Tuesdays - Jelly Sandwich

Hey peepeepeeps!
Happy Tuesday, no post from me yesterday, was feeling lazy and tired - its a day I gotta get up super early and it really did me in yesterday, it was all I could do to even take these pics for todays post, and I don't love em! I much prefer the look of my photos under my light - these were all taken outside in the sun to catch the underlying holo shimmer/glitter of Atlantis, but it really wasn't worth the trouble.
Yeah - Jelly Sammys!
If you don't know what this is - it's essentially a layer of polish, a glitter and then a jelly polish (something colored but somewhat sheer to get the underlayers to show through). 


So I used China Glaze Atlantis as my base color, then I put Candy Lacquer's White Wedding over that and topped it with a jelly franken I made over the weekend specifically for this challenge.




The culprits: China Glaze Atlantis, Candy Lacquer White Wedding and my Teal Jelly Franken


Das Jelly. Don't even ask what's in it - no idea!


Being the obvious teal lover that I am, I was kind of disappointed in myself that I didn't even own a teal jelly polish. I really want Zoya Frida but I just don't have disposable income right now to get it. So I took a VERY old jelly polish I concocted 6 or so months ago and added a bunch of blues and teals to it to get this. It's much darker in person, I'll have to layer it alone soon to show it off. It's got a pretty shimmer in it from some glitters in the blue polishes and some green eyeshadow pigment I added to it.


I'd love it if you'd check out all the other awesome ladies who participate in Teal Tuesdays also!

Rhonda Nail Polish Marbury - http://nailsbeautiqued.blogspot.com
Ariane/The Frenzied Polisher http://thefrenziedpolisher.blogspot.sg
Jess/Once Upon a Polish... - http://gafforama.blogspot.com
Jasmin/Subtletyisoverrated - http://subtletyisoverrated.wordpress.com/
Elysse/Elyssian Bauty - http://elyssianbeauty.blogspot.com/





P.S.
Don't forget to enter the Gnarly Gnails 500 Follower Giveaway!
Ends 9.01.2012 and is open Internationally!

You Might Also Like

12 comments

  1. There aren't many glitter sandwiches I like, but this is definitely one of them. What a great looking franken.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely perfect! Don't even want you to see mine now! Haha! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those heart glitters mixed in, this makes a gorgeous sandwich! ^.^

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh love the polishes you chose! Really gorgeous jelly sandwich!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow love all those different glitter shapes in white wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks so cool as a jelly sammich! Awesome mani! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love!! I recently acquired Atlantis and it is my holy grail polish! I'm teal-obsessed! :) And definitely get Frida when you can, it's totally worth it!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, please feel free to leave one! I can't always respond due to time constraints or pure forgetfulness, but if you have a specific question about something, ask here or email me!