Happy Earth Day!

This manicure has SUCH a history...
For one, I wasn't even going to post today, thought I'd take the day off.
But then I realized it was Earth Day and I had a mani in the vault that was perfect!
But maybe not so perfect...after editing the pics and writing up the post I just had this itch, like something telling me this post is not good Missy, don't post that garbage for the world to see.
So I pondered on it for about an hour and decided to not only scrap that post but to do a whole new mani in honor of Earth Day instead of as an afterthought - so here it is!

My base here is Reclaim by Nubar. Gorgeous holo green. 2 coats.


Then i taped up the nails with thinly sliced tapes in sharp points and painted over with Revlon Rainforest. One coat.

Finished with a coat of Out the Door topcoat.

I love the mix of holo and flakie these two polishes have to mesh into this perfect combination of environmentally awesome nail art.

Instead of going for the typical explosion style this normally gives off, I wanted it to seem more like plants/leaves - which I think I pulled off, especially on the pointer, which is my favorite.

Did you notice the names of the polishes for today? Reclaim and Rainforest!
Sometimes my genius even amazes ME.
J/K!



You Might Also Like

13 comments