CrowsToes - Shoot the Butterfly (and the Koi Fish, too!)




I'm back today with another review of an amazing CrowsToes polish - Shoot the Butterfly



CrowsToes - Shoot the Butterfly

Sinful Colors - Black on Black
Color Club - Wham! Pow!
Konad - Special White
Stamping Plate - A48



Shoot the Butterfly Macro - How gorgeous a jelly has there ever been?! A beautiful concoction of a black jelly and glitters in orange and white - the definition of a Monarch Butterfly morphed into a nail lacquer.

Bottle Shot of Shoot the Butterfly. The more I photograph these CrowsToes bottles, the more I become mildly obsessed with how awesome they are!

Shoot the Butterfly on the nail. Shown here at 1 coat over 1 coat of Sinful Colors Black on Black. I will get into more detail on the accent nail in a moment.

I have seen Shoot the Butterfly on its own and it layers up nicely at 2-3 coats. I wanted a much blacker appearance for this mani though, so I opted to apply it over a black base.

The glitters and formula on this polish were perfection - no digging or sinking, nothing gritty nor was it too thick or too thin - it was a dream. Shown here with 1 coat of NYC Grand Central topcoat.

For the accent I used my A48 plate to create a nail decal in black then I painted in Koi fish colors in white and orange and applied the decal over Shoot the Butterfly. Here it's shown with one coat of MASH Nails Matte topcoat.

And here is an on the nail matte macro version. I love those funky tie dyed looking glitters near the tip!!

Again - for my 2nd review of the CrowsToes line I am beholden to it's glory. I honestly couldn't find a bad thing to say about this polish!

Find CrowsToes:
Femme Fatale Cosmetics

Also - stay up to date with new collections by following the CrowsToes BLOG!



**products in this post were sent to me by the Company or their PR in exchange for my honest review**


You Might Also Like

23 comments

  1. This manicure is just perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow stunning mani
    I'm so happy when you have made a new post, love a lot of your mani's
    You are an inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK I officially NEED this polish! Too gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks great on you Missy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The polish is gorgeous and that Koi fish is unreal! Love this mani :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous! I've been lemming this one for a while already, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ooooh this is so fab!!!! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. isnt it? she is so clever at the creation of these polishes!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Its a beauty!! You're lusting with good reason!

    ReplyDelete
  10. thanks Andrea! simple decal is all..its like a coloring book!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The polish is definitely beautiful, but i love the way you've put everything together. esp the koi fish.... love it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Kirsten (Geeky Owl)April 29, 2013 at 6:44 PM

    Wow. This is just simply gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Jess, from JessOneMoreApril 30, 2013 at 12:53 AM

    Hauteness! Damn, I love your manis! Yhis one is funky and edgey!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, please feel free to leave one! I can't always respond due to time constraints or pure forgetfulness, but if you have a specific question about something, ask here or email me!