UPC - Three Colors - Geometry




Happy...um...what's today, Saturday?
To me it's actually Wednesday as I'm trying to schedule ahead for the weekend!
So this is kind of like a Back to the Future post!






Back at the Untried Polish Challenge, today we're knocking out three of them with this geometric design I adapted from one of my earlier tape mani's that was a criss cross design. Instead of striping tape to make thin lines, I opted to use plain tape to offset my triangles...it seems more complicated than it was, I should probably just tell you step by step?


For this mani I used Zoya Bevin, Essence Trust In Fashion and P2 Break the Rules.

Pretty simple - I started with the light green (Zoya Bevin) - when it was dry, I taped squares askew on the top and bottom portions of each nail and then I painted one part pink and the other part dark green and was very careful to make sure the line where they met was as straight as possible.

Then the tape comes up and the topcoat goes on!

Here is also a matte version.

I super loved this mani...for the Three Color challenge I had a total different idea that didn't work out AT ALL, so I was glad when my backup plan was super successful - I call that Kismet!

You can swing by justaddpolish to check out the details on this challenge!


You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. Awesome. I love how crisp the lines are!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty <3 I like the matted look best

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kirsten (Geeky Owl)April 29, 2013 at 6:36 PM

    Gorgeous colors and design!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so sorry i haven't been tagging you in on this!
    I was thinking you were going to do it at your own pace at another time. I'll be sure to get you in my tags. =)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, please feel free to leave one! I can't always respond due to time constraints or pure forgetfulness, but if you have a specific question about something, ask here or email me!