Saint George's Day

You might be wondering why I, an American blogger, am doing a post on a British holiday such as St. George's Day.
Truth be told, it's because I found a wicked awesome set of OPI Union Jack nail wraps at TJ Maxx a few weeks ago and immediately came home and scoured the net looking for the next best English holiday to wear them. I think we're all up to speed now.
Here is a little info courtesy of wikipedia on Saint George:

Saint George (c. 275/281 – 23 April 303 AD) was a Greek who became an officer in the Roman army. His father was the Greek Gerondios fromCappadocia Asia Minor and his mother was from the city LyddaLydda was a Greek city in Palestine from the times of the conquest of Alexander the Great (333 BC). Saint George became an officer in the Roman army in the Guard of Diocletian. He is venerated as a Christian martyr. In hagiography, Saint George is one of the most venerated saints in the Catholic (Western and Eastern Rites), AnglicanEastern Orthodox, and the Oriental Orthodoxchurches. He is immortalized in the tale of Saint George and the Dragon and is one of the Fourteen Holy Helpers. His memorial is celebrated on 23 April, and he is regarded as one of the most prominent military saints.

I did this mani using only a nail wrap and a red and white polish. Oh, and striping tape. And a dotting tool. And top coat. Yeah, just those things.

So how awesome is that wrap on my ring finger? I was STOKED to ramble into TJ Maxx one day and find this pack of them. The only one, like a beacon, waiting for me and calling out to me. Yes, I am a sucker for anything with a Union Jack on it.

I did the other nails in The Balm/Hot Ticket Better Off Red and when dry, striping taped up and painted on white with a dotting tool to make the flag of Saint George. Finished everything off with a nice coat of Out the Door.

Here is a rare outdoor shot. I really wanted to show off the sparkle in the wrap and my Ott lite was just not cuttin' it!

And just for fun, I found this awesome picture when googling some info!



Hope you enjoyed!!!




You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. that nail wrap is GORGEOUS!! i love that sparkle

    ReplyDelete
  2. i know! i am so keen on using them on all of my nails for something fancy!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, please feel free to leave one! I can't always respond due to time constraints or pure forgetfulness, but if you have a specific question about something, ask here or email me!