UPC - One Color - Gold



Hey you!
Before I get into this post, I just want to let you guys know that I have changed my commenting system away from the Blogger platform of commenting to a more universal system, Disqus.
Please let me know if you have any issues during this transition!

Are you wondering what the hell UPC means?
Well last week while doing my blog reading I stumbled across this challenge set up by Jonochi at justaddpolish.com - now it's very laid back with no dates and no set go in order type of deal, even though I will be going in order. So I am not sure who is participating, but you can go to her blog post HERE to find out more.
So anyway - UPC=Untried Polish Challenge!


So today is the first day of the challenge for me and I chose GOLD!
But I chose TWO Gold polishes! Hey, gotta use those untrieds up, right?!

So for today I am using Essence polishes in The Huntsman and A Piece of Forever

2 coats of A Piece of Forever followed by a glitter gradient in The Huntsman!

I finished this off with MASH Nails Matte topcoat!

Overall - I don't love this manicure. The gold polish itself is too frosty for my taste, I should have done the sponging on of a top layer of it to knock off the brushstrokes but I don't know where my head was at. I will give it another chance before I decide its demise.
As for the glitter topper, I love gold glitters but this one is a bit runny for my taste...



You Might Also Like

5 comments

  1. Kirsten (Geeky Owl)April 21, 2013 at 3:08 AM

    Very pretty! And what a fab way to go through untrieds! Might have to do this too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh it's so pretty!! now I will have to try mine too ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. you totally should!! there's no restrictions on time or anything so it would be perfect for you with your new hours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. good luck on the challenge, this is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, please feel free to leave one! I can't always respond due to time constraints or pure forgetfulness, but if you have a specific question about something, ask here or email me!