Vivid Lacquer - The Harlequin's Adoration

Hey hey hey!

The completely awesome Anni of Vivid Lacquer was kind enough to grace me with 4 polishes to review and try out, along with the image stamping plate I reviewed yesterday.

Today I am bringing you the polish reviews in 4 parts.
Here is Part 4 of 4 - The Harlequin's Adoration
Part of me wants to insert a majestic horn blowing right here, because I have saved the best for last.

The Harlequin's Adoration lives up to its name. This is one coat over Sinful Colors Matte Nirvana.


Your eyes are not deceiving you, that is an awesome duochrome shimmer in there.


Hearts - heart glitter tugs at MY heartstrings every time.


Every shape of glitter I love is present and accounted for in this polish!






Ugh. I don't even know where to start on this review.
I guess I'll start by saying that when I saw this on Sarah's blog a week or two ago it didn't blow my mind. And when I saw it in the bottle, I thought "oh cool, hearts" and didn't care much past that.
But OMG.
As soon as this polish hit the tippy tip of my nail, I was in Polish Paradise.
Not ONLY is this polish pure perfection with its formula but it has just got sooo much going on within its glass walls that you wouldn't even think could or should go together, but it works, and it works WELL.
I'm gonna let Anni of Vivid Lacquer describe it:
Red and bronze flecked polish rounded out by black and white diamond, red hearts and fine black and white glitter.
While there is no way to describe this polish and give it the fanfare it deserves, I'll try.
Firstly, I layered this polish over Sinful Colors Matte Nirvana, a dusty chocolate brown.
The base of THA is a duochrome shimmer that shifts purple/orange or pink/gold, whichever description you prefer. It's sooo stunning, whether it's laying on top of your base color or on top of it's own black, white and red variety of glitters.
Every shape of glitter in this bottle comes out in quantity and with ease - the above swatches were one mere coat of this polish over my base color. No fishing, no diving for hearts and diamonds.
This polish is one of the few indie polishes I have had such a pleasure putting on that it basically applied itself. Perfect viscosity, perfect combination of ingredients in every possible sense.
I know some people think that if you are given a product to review you are more apt to shout its praises but I am not that sort of blogger. If something sucks, I'm gonna let my ladies know about it.
This doesn't suck. This is the unsuckiest thing I may have ever known.
Thanks Anni - not only has it been a pleasure to review your gorgeous and well-executed creations, but it's been an even bigger pleasure to converse back and forth with you for the past few weeks.
Vivid Lacquers can be purchased through their Etsy shop HERE.




P.S.
Don't forget to enter the Gnarly Gnails 500 Follower Giveaway!
Ends 9.01.2012 and is open Internationally!

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. Ohhhh, I love this...must have it...awesome mani :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a pretty polish - your pictures and review have made me want it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Vivid Lacquer so hard. Anni is indeed full of awesome. Try THA over OPI Black Cherry Chutney or any deep, reddish, purplish, dark, dark vampy. The colour shift shimmer is mesmerizing. My fave VL is Your Princess is in Another Castle. The pink, shimmery, shiny glitter is happiness in a bottle. Waltraud is also amazeballs. It's *really* hard to pick just one fave.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right?
      And she's over here telling me new stuff is coming! What a pusher!
      I'm gonna have to try it over BCC now! I love that polish and it's been at least 2 years since I wore it! Thanks!!

      Delete
  4. Wow this is really beautiful and I love the base colour you chose :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, please feel free to leave one! I can't always respond due to time constraints or pure forgetfulness, but if you have a specific question about something, ask here or email me!