A super awesome special review!

So if you come here often or spend any time reading up on nail info, you will know that there are literally hundreds of shops popping up on Etsy every single day selling their polish wares.
It's quite overwhelming. What's been missing from this niche is one of my favorite things - stamping plates.
But not anymore! That's right, I said it!
I came across a radical little Etsy shop a few weeks ago, Vivid Lacquer.
Not only does Anni of Vivid Lacquer make exceptionally awesome polishes (more on that tomorrow) - but she makes stamping plates! Plates with wicked awesome images and designs I've never seen on other plates!
I consider myself a bit of a connoisseur of stamping plates, I have quite a few sets and I can tell which ones will be usable and worth a damn and which ones are garbage.
I can ASSURE you, you will be pleased with these! 
The quality of this plate I think surpasses even the biggest brands, yes Konad, even you.
Anni was awesome enough to send me a plate (VL002) to review, so here we go!


The plate arrived in a super cute glossy black jewelry box with cotton.


Packaged in a plastic protective sleeve!


Has the typical blue protective sticker on the front. Remove before using.


Not only does Anni provide a backside label for edge protection, but look at how adorable it is!


Here's the VL002 plate, ready to go!
We've got an I <3 design, half moon, tetris blocks, squares design, honeycomb, dinosaur, butterfly wing, balloons, stars, and a snail!


The Butterfly wings stamp! Super cute, right?


This design was stamped in Konad Special Black over Cult Nails Toxic Seaweed.


The images on this plate are all huge, more than enough to fit just about any nail!


I wasn't even a fan of the butterfly wing craze, but I am NOW!


Next up, we're using the Dino design! I love him!!


The green I've used here is Nubar Reclaim, a stellar green holo! I freehanded the letters on the fingers with a black striping nail art polish.


I double stamped the dino design using Kleancolor Metallic Green and then I went over it with Konad Special White.


The dinosaur design stamped very well! 


RAWR!


Honeycomb! This was the design I was most excited to try on the plate!


This mani has a base of Orly Solid Gold, then I stamped the Honeycomb twice, once with China Glaze Passion and then again with Konad Special Black (the bee stamp is from a different stamping plate not affiliated with Vivid)


I added a few gold hex glitters in the empty honeycomb spaces.


Buzz Buzz Buzz!


The honeycomb design is HUGE! If you work quick enough you can probably get two fingers done at a time!


This was my favorite design of all of the plate choices - it did NOT disappoint!


Stars! This is the stars design with a few 3d star rhinestones.


The base here is a hodge podge of a watercolor mani using red, purple, green and blue metallic polishes from Kleancolor.


I double stamped the star design with Kleancolor Americano (a light champagne color) and then Konad Special Black.


Then added in some star rhinestones on top of the outlined star section.




My overall thoughts on this plate...
I loved the designs. They were all very unique for the most part.
The engraving on them was excellent. Not too deep or shallow. I had no problems with polish scraping off. 
This was an exceptionally well made product - I will absolutely be purchasing her other plate option as well as anything else she ever makes - To check out Vivid Lacquer Polishes and Stamping Plates, visit her at the following places:


Please come back tomorrow when I review some of the Vivid Lacquer polishes!




P.S.
Don't forget to enter the Gnarly Gnails 500 Follower Giveaway!
Ends 9.01.2012 and is open Internationally!

You Might Also Like

23 comments

  1. Gorgeous manicures! :) Thank you so much for the lovely review. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely, Anni! Thank YOU for the gorgeous work you do!

      Delete
  2. I can't wait to receive mine. I have ordered both of the plates from Anni.

    What plate is the bee image from? It is a realistic style bee and I love to collect anything to do with bees.

    Thanks. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome, I cant wait to see more of her designs popping up!
      The bee is from Mash plate 36 off their new set!

      Delete
    2. Now I definitely need to work out how to get MASH to me here in Australia.

      Thanks for replying and for the awesome blog.

      Delete
  3. that is so awesome that she makes her own plates! amazing designs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right! And she has more on the way! I can't wait to see the unveil of them!

      Delete
  4. I LOVE that Tetris stamp! And your dinosaur nails are so adorable!! ^.^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!!
      I love the tetris too! I was having trouble with it based on the polish I was using, so I need to try it soon with a regular stamping polish!

      Delete
  5. These plates will be mine, they're amazing! I neeeed a Dino on my nails ASAP!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are all great stamps thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have both plates and I agree they do rule! I was so excited when I discovered her shop on Etsy I pre-ordered even though she didn't have the plates yet ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know it - her quality control is VERY high, it shows. These are NICE.

      Delete
  8. These look great! I LOVE the Tetris stamp!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow - super manis!! and i like the new header a lot altho maybe the old one was more "you" ? I do like tho now that when it loads up you can see the start of the post, which you couldn't before xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks!
      yes - i feel the same about both of your points - the other header was more my style, but this one is too, im complex!
      and the whole reason i changed it (mostly) was because the other one was huge and i don't like scrolling down to see the actual post when i read blogs to get past the banner so i figured i wasnt alone and i wanted it shorter. so great minds on that one!

      Delete
  10. Ohhhh! I want tetris nails!!! I especially love your dino mani ^-^ He's so cute!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, please feel free to leave one! I can't always respond due to time constraints or pure forgetfulness, but if you have a specific question about something, ask here or email me!