Hoping for Raindrops....

You may be like me, and hold on to dreams of ever owning coveted and hard to find guys like Starry Starry Night or that famous Clarins one.
Or Illamasqua Raindrops.
Thats MY hardcore lemming. I'm obsessed with grey polishes, which is weird since you don't see them much on here..but I am! And if you add in some textural aspects to it, like flecks that make it look like granite or dew, I'm swooning.
So I was going through my polishes one day and found a few I thought might combine to make my dream come true...let's check it out.

I started with a base of Zoya Dove, added a coat of Sally Hansen Glass Slipper, which is a clear flakie, then I topped it with a very sheer Grey Jelly polish by the Gap. You could sub that for OPI My Pointe Exactly.








Photo Credit: Scrangie. Illamasqua Raindrops.


So what do you think, did I come close?




P.S.
Don't forget to enter the Gnarly Gnails 500 Follower Giveaway!
Ends 9.01.2012 and is open Internationally!

You Might Also Like

7 comments

  1. Great job! I was fortunate enough to get my hands on raindrops on sale on the Illamasqua website for £5.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm close but I like you am still lemming Raindrops and the others you mentioned too. Let me tell you in the last few weeks I have found at least 4 or 5 gray polishes that I can't live without as I too am a huge fan of grays. I want them all! Maybe we should start a gray day group where once a month we do a manicure dedicated to the color ;) Then you'd have more of it on your blog and more of an excuse to hunt down gray pretties (ahem not that I need any more excuses as it is!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh girl...you are on to something with this idea!!! have you gotten the new gray polishes by BB Couture? I need to swatch the ones I picked up really soon!
      I wish I had enough grays to do a grey day once a WEEK!

      Delete
  3. Illamasqua Raindrops is a big lemming of mine, too. I really wish I'd bought it when I had the chance! Nontheless, I like what you did here- definitely helps quash the lemming!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Credit Repair - Not only will we assist with
    loans for credit-challenged individuals, but we also help along with your credit improvement
    quick loans better google search
    results also are excellent benefits.
    Also see my web site - quick loans

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, please feel free to leave one! I can't always respond due to time constraints or pure forgetfulness, but if you have a specific question about something, ask here or email me!