Channeling Minnie Mouse

Here we are on Day 2 of Red Week here at Gnarly Gnails (and other blogs, read more about that at the end of this post).
Who would have thought that *I* would be doing an entire week of Red fingernails. You guys...I hate it!
But I'm being a trooper...and as an add-on to yesterdays comparison mani, today I'm dotting over it!


Base is Ruby Kisses Ruby Slippers on index and ring. Kleancolor Red Sparkle on thumb, middle and pinky). Dots done with OPI Alpine Snow.


Finished with 1 coat of Out the Door Top Coat.


Gorgeous sparkle, right?


Something cool I learned from doing this mani was that the Kleancolor nails (the middle and pinky) turned my dots pink a few hours later. So if I hadn't totally given up on that one, that sealed the deal!

Check out the rest of the crew and their Red Week manis!










P.S.
Don't forget to enter the Gnarly Gnails 500 Follower Giveaway!
Ends 9.01.2012 and is open Internationally!

You Might Also Like

13 comments

  1. Love the sparkly red, and it looks great on you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. sooo cute! and thats weird about turning the dots pink!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i know, right? i'd heard of it happening before but it's a first for me!

      Delete
  3. Super cute! And looks like it would be a quick mani to do :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it is and it isn't!
      its pretty quick to bust out the dots, but man, you really gotta wait for those guys to dry before you top coat, and since they're a pretty thick layer of polish, it can take a while sometimes!

      Delete
  4. This is cute! I loved Minnie Mouse as a kid. I even use to have a dress that looked just like your nails :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. As much as you may hate this I love this!! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Im not a fan of red nails, but this grew on me and I'm liking red more now after this week!

      Delete
  6. Looks lovely. So strange that it turned the dots pink though :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah, i know i've heard people say this before, but it's weird it did it with one red and not the other!

      Delete

I love reading your comments, please feel free to leave one! I can't always respond due to time constraints or pure forgetfulness, but if you have a specific question about something, ask here or email me!