Red Week on Fire!

Here we are at Day 4 of Red Week.
You know...red is my least favorite polish color. I love red, I'm just not into red nails so much. Kinda like red lipstick, I think it's got it's place in the world and even on me, but just very rarely!
With that said, this week has been a struggle for me finding the few reds I have and making them into something I can tolerate.
I have been seeing a lot of cool needle drag/marble designs lately and wanted to give it a whirl.
I don't think this is great, but I think it's decent, in that it comes across how I intended!
Hopefully!
Here we goooooo!


Seeing these photos reminds me of another reason I dislike red, it is SO HARD to cleanup. It leaves a ton of residue and color behind!


Black base - swirled in red, orange and yellow (Red was by The Balm, Orange is Citrine by Sinful Colors and Yellow is Hampstead Gardens by Nails Inc)


Check out these ladies rockin' their reds this week:




P.S.
Don't forget to enter the Gnarly Gnails 500 Follower Giveaway!
Ends 9.01.2012 and is open Internationally!

You Might Also Like

17 comments

  1. Wow this is like the exact opposite of me. I love red! It's not my favorite color but it's up there. What I can't stand is red lipstick. No matter what tone or color I find I look like a tramp. Yup I said it a tramp and let me tell you it's not a good look on me ;) Can you shoot me a little message with your favorite colors? I think they are teals, greys? but I'm not sure...btw I love the flames!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah - i love red lipstick, but not on me! it doesnt look bad, it just makes me feel sooo self conscious and like i constantly need to keep an eye on it!
      MY favorite colors? teal, hot pink, grey. more or less. i love green too!

      Delete
  2. wow! This mani looks cool! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow this is so freaking cool! it looks like fire balls! i totally feel ya on the red thing, im not a fan of it on my nails. i barely have any red in my collection.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks!
      yeah me either, when doing this challenge i had even less than i thought!

      Delete
  4. Ooo very pretty! It's like fire!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. MISSY I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS IT IS SENSATIONAL AND I CANNOT DRAW BREATH IT'S SO GORGEOUS PERFECT BRILLIANT I AM GOING TO COPY IT SOON aaaaaaah relax x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahahaahahaha.
      i was gonna call you a spaz until i just remembered i called you names yesterday and i don't wanna push my luck! xoxo
      thanks!

      Delete
  6. I love how these turned out! It is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is awesome love the flame look and marbling technique! Very cool, I am with you I hate red nail polish I am a purple, blue, pink chic lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow this is a great combo,i pinned it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow your nails are on fire! I love the flames you created, very cool looking :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. It still looks great! But now that you mention it, how do you clean up after you're done?

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, please feel free to leave one! I can't always respond due to time constraints or pure forgetfulness, but if you have a specific question about something, ask here or email me!