Teal Tuesday! Color Blockin' Yo!

It's Teal Tuesday Time!
This week - Color Blocking!
This will be my first color blocking attempt. 
Challenges are fun - they give you something new to try, get outside your comfort zone every now and then!
I like em...as long as they don't involve water marbling. Because THAT I do not like!
So...I had a pretty cool idea in my head, total fail in execution though.
Sometimes I can let these things go, because I'm overally critical and usually the things I don't like, most do. But this...was yuck. My layers ended up terribly thick and my index smudged so bad from the thickness I had to go over it with more polish and it was just....gross.

It was part tape, part freehand. It started out as all tape but some of them smudged up and I had to wing it...

The teal is Spoiled Distant Memory.

The purple is Illamasqua Jo'Mina. And the yellow is Milani Yellow Whiz.
So...I almost let it go...but I couldn't. 
I HAD to re-do it....



I've been experimenting with lighting and backgrounds, trying to get a more consistent look to my blog, so these are one of those experiments and to me the color seems slightly off. I cant gauge it by the pink color since I know thats off from using it over the teal and it not being opaque to begin with. But my skin looks off for sure...

So anyway - tape blocked this bad boy. Much happier.
This is Color Club Metamorphosis and China Glaze Fuchsia Fanatic.

So there we have it...






If you are interested in participating in Teal Tuesdays, just drop me a line in the comments with your blog address so I can add you to the participating blog list. And there is also a FB Group! Please join in the conversation!



Please visit my other Terrifically Teal Teammates:




Nails Beautiqued
Geeky Owl
Mandy's Polish
Fancy Phalanges
Colorsplash Nails
Gaga for Nails
Persistently Glittery
Simple & Beautiful
No Holos!

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. My tape never gives me crisp lines like those :( Love the cross!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the shapes of your color blocking! Sorry you weren't happy with how it turned out!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, please feel free to leave one! I can't always respond due to time constraints or pure forgetfulness, but if you have a specific question about something, ask here or email me!