Monkey See Monkey Do Time! Featuring Chalkboard Nails.

I am EXCITED about today.
One of my favorite nail bloggers hands down is Sarah at Chalkboard Nails. She is always spot on in her awesomeness. One of my other favorite things in life is Leopard Print. So it was no wonder when I saw this mani she did, that I would want to re-create it!


Totally awesome perfection, right? I only hope I can do it justice.

I kinda think I did ok. I approve anyway!



I used a base coat of Kleancolor Melon Green since I knew the next polish would be a streaky bastard. Boy was I right. I had to use 4 additional coats of China Glaze Celtic Sun...that polish is a streaky disaster. Pretty, but a nightmare. It was STILL streaky after a base and 4 coats, but since I knew I was covering a large portion of it, I struggled on.
The grey is China Glaze Pelican Grey (oops here, I meant to use Recycle, but in the end I grabbed the wrong bottle...glad I did though, I think the darker grey would not have looked as good) and Fingerpaints Black Expressionism.
A coat of Gelous and Out the Door to finish, because I had some bumps from the many layers of polish and I like a good smooth surface when I dot or tape! So there you have it!





You Might Also Like

15 comments

  1. i love your version of her nails! really awesome

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you nailed it, neon is a perfect twist!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love it - you really rocked this one! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are excellent I love them :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooooh! I LOVE the colors you picked!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic job! I'm so flattered that you chose one of my manis, thank you for sharing it with me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. glad you liked it! thanks for being a great inspiration!

      Delete
  7. Hey¡¡ I'm in the challenge to ^_^, today is my first try. I love your manicure, you did a great job. I like the two versions the original I think is some that can always wear, and yours is very summer, very bright it make me think in a fresh lemon juice ^___^

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE your version! So bright and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dude. Highlighter yellow + gray is one of my ALLL time favorite color combos. This looks freaking fantastic; you did such a good job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jeeeeeez I love your version! Such a great colour combo! Loove it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really love this mani. Grey paired with neons makes me so, so happy. I'm glad you won a prize for it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! im super proud of it, even if it wasnt my original idea!

      Delete

I love reading your comments, please feel free to leave one! I can't always respond due to time constraints or pure forgetfulness, but if you have a specific question about something, ask here or email me!