Unnatural Animals you say?

It's good ole Stampin' Sunday around these parts...let's get to stamping!
This weeks challenge at Adventures in Stamping was Unnatural Animals. Pink Cats, Purple Dogs, you know the drill.

I opted for a green and white gradiated zebra with pink stripes. Not too unnatural, right?

Here's how I do my gradient, nice and messy like.
I'm not into all that new fangled taping of the surrounding skin. I can't be bothered with that kind of preparation! Plus I know I'm gonna have to clean up my cutes after stamping anyway so I just do it the hard way...








So let's see - My base was a greyed white polish I frankened and Julep Leah sponged onto all 5 nails. Top coated. Then stamped the zebra stripes on with Milani Fast Fuchsia.
Thumb nails have opalescent microbeads.




PS - I just wanted to take a moment to send prayers to all the friends and family of the Beastie Boys' Adam Yauch. I grew up listening to the Beastie Boys (yes, I am THAT old), had the pleasure of seeing them perform quite a few times and am really bummed that he is no longer on this planet making amazing music and videos for the world to enjoy. God bless ya kid.

(this isnt an official video, but it's pretty damn funny)



You Might Also Like

17 comments

  1. It looks great. I have to try and stamp over a gradient! Coolio. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVED the mani! :) btw gotta love your tattoos *o*

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these so much. Such an amazing colour combo :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous! and so wishing i got to see the beastie boys, they've been a favorite since I was 12..always will be. RIP MCA.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i can't believe how well that pink stamped. I love this AND your new header xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah some of those milani one coaters work great for stamping, some do NOT, like yellow whiz! thanks for noticing the header, it was a labor of love im super proud of!!

      Delete
  6. Hi Missy,
    I have nominated you for the versatile blogger award! To accept the nomination, please visit my blog for details : http://macabremanicures.blogspot.com/2012/05/versatile-blogger-award.html.

    Emily

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really love the dots on your thumb, what are they and where did you get them? They look clear in the photos and I've only ever found opaque colors. Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they're microbeads from michaels. in the jar they looked more opalescent, so either they only look clear or they may have turned clear after i top coated! either way - michaels. they were in a 6 pack of colors that included golds, coppers, silver and black.

      Delete
  8. I get inspiration on your nails, here is my result! http://lakkahumala.blogspot.com/2012/05/vihreaa-luettavaa.html :>

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, please feel free to leave one! I can't always respond due to time constraints or pure forgetfulness, but if you have a specific question about something, ask here or email me!