Yum Yum Icing!




I hauled a few Icing polishes last week, check em out!
(Icing has some really cool polishes, especially their layering glitters, some really interesting combinations)


L to R:  Written in the Stars, Mint Frosting, Witch's Brew & Sipping On Bubbly.


Mint Frosting: 
Bottle Shot

Bottle Shot

Bottle & Swatch

Swatch
Overall impression - Eh. It seemed nicer in the bottle. I liked the sporadic silver glitters that peeked out, and they did translate onto the nail, but I didn't like or expect was the really frosty/brushstrokey finish it gave. It mellowed slightly with top coat though. 2 coats, no base.


Sipping On Bubbly 
Bottle Shot

Bottle Shot

Bottle & Swatch

Swatch
Overall Impression - This is a pretty unique polish, especially to my oversaturated glitter collection.
It's got a nice gold jelly base with gold glitter and pink bar glitters. This is 2 coats with no base and I think it would look smashing over a gold base like Orly Luxe.



Written in the Stars
Bottle Shot

Macro Shot

Bottle & Swatch

Swatch
Overall Impression - pretty pleased with this too, what you see is what you get here. Base is essentially clear with the slightest blue tinge that won't translate unless you do about 8 coats! This is 2 coats, no base color. Has multi size hex glitter in blue, silver, gold, pink, etc... and then those big stars! Nice.


Witch's Brew
 
Macro Bottle Shot

Swatch
Sorry I don't have more shots of this, when I bought it I wanted to compare it to these other 2 polishes and I forgot to take the other shots. It's a black base with green glitter, basically. Still unique enough to my stash but not terribly unique in general, Good opaque coverage though, this is 2 coats. By the way, it's on the far left. Middle color is China Glaze Smoke & Ashes and Right color is Sinful Colors What's Your Name - my comparison of these three can be found HERE.

It's a full nail mail week for me, so there will be alot of bottle and swatch posts this week!
XOXO.





You Might Also Like

5 comments

  1. I am going to my daughters friday to see Hunger Games...there is a Claire's near her, hmmmm......I need Written in the Stars!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like written in the stars :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great haul! I love Written in the Stars! I just tried Radio Super Star by Icing which also has stars in it! Yay, stars!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, please feel free to leave one! I can't always respond due to time constraints or pure forgetfulness, but if you have a specific question about something, ask here or email me!