Save v. Splurge

Alot of us ladies are always looking for a cheap alternative to beauty products.
Alot of us ladies also have so much stuff we don't realize we could have saved on cheaper alternatives if we knew what we even had!
Case in point - 2 coral polishes I recently found in my stash that appear identical.



I bring you - Butter London Trout Pout v. Sinful Colors Island Coral...

Both polishes are shown with 3 coats and no top coat.

What do you think?

The only difference I seemed to see in them was that Island Coral was slightly pinker and Trout Pout was *slightly* more neonish.
Both formulas took 3 coats, the Butter London dissappoints me here as it seems to have the capability to apply in 2 coats but simply did not. I expect more for $14. The Sinful Colors formula was what I'd expect and more from a $2 polish. And it dries to a glossier finish.

For my money, I bet on Sinful.




P.S.
Don't forget to enter the Gnarly Gnails 400 Follower Giveaway!
Ends 7.31.2012 and is open Internationally!

And also the Gnarly Gnails 500 Follower Giveaway!
Ends 9.01.2012 and is open Internationally!

You Might Also Like

10 comments

  1. I love dupe posts like this! I think I might pick the Sinful up next week during the 99cent sale. This is precisely why I try my hardest to not buy expensive creme polishes, there's usually a dupe. The only ones that I tend to splurge on are really unique finishes or odd color combinations that I haven't seen before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. me too - sometimes alot of the more expensive polishes i stockpile are because ive gotten a good deal. and then other times i end up with dupes like this because ive bought a limited edition and been sucked in (island coral)!

      Delete
  2. Wow!! I might pick up the Sinful colors polish. I have some register rewards that I can put to use :D

    I usually don't like Sinful Colors because they are streaky and takes a few thick coats to look good lol, But if you say three did good then I'll take your word and go get some :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the newer ones have really good formulas - i was really impressed with the castaways collection a few months ago and significantly added to me collection since then and because of that. and while i don't generally like any polish that takes 3 coats, this color is worth it and if you are careful you might get by with 2.

      Delete
  3. I can't see the difference even though I try really hard. I'd definitely go for the Sinful Color one, if this had been my colour :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes i know! i try SO hard to find a difference - it's like those games where you look at a photo and pick out what doesn't belong. but seriously the difference is there but so very slight it's nearly impossible to see it. not for the $13 price difference.

      Delete
  4. To me they look exactly the same and I would buy the cheaper one :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. save for the formula they are pretty much identical. not worth owning both at those price points, unless you just accidentally do!

      Delete
  5. I totally agree, if I'm spending $10 plus on a single polish I expect it to be something REALLY special. Even a better formula doesn't mean that much to me if the colour isn't unique. A good base and topcoat and maybe some polish thinner can go a long way to fixing poor formula on cheaper polishes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the post title! And I like the Sinful Colors polish more. Excellent post! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, please feel free to leave one! I can't always respond due to time constraints or pure forgetfulness, but if you have a specific question about something, ask here or email me!