Ruby White Tips Threesome

I'm going to preface what I'm about to say by saying that I love ALL of the indies I get to review. Every one is different and unique in their own special and beautiful way.
Now that thats out of the way - holy freaking shit you guys - look what I have to show you today!

Talking back and forth with Laura of Ruby White Tips, I had a few good laughs and talking polish was just a bonus. She sent me a few of her creations to show my readers and I really am not only excited to show you what I did with them, but also just to show you how incredibly awesome they are!

This is beyond pic heavy - so get ready.....


Here is what you have coming to you.
From Left to Right:
Kick Ass Top Coat
Pussy Wagon
Man Eater


First up is Kick Ass Top Coat - and I'm showing it to you two different ways. First up is in a jelly sandwich with Revlon Fashionista as the base and Zoya Frida as the jelly top level.


Oh glorious Kick Ass Top Coat! Ingredients for this polish include spectraflair, silver, black and charcoal holographic glitters and mixed colored flakies! Holy jamolies - it's like Christmas Day on serious acid. It is in a clear base and the glitter to base ratio would not make this a polish you could wear alone, hence the name Kick Ass TOP COAT.


So I started with 2 coats of Fashionista, then 1 coat of Kick Ass, then 1 coat of Frida. In person it definitely had more of an Atlantis (gorgeous discontinued China Glaze polish) feel but I think the top jelly coat of Frida got a little lost in these photos.


Regardless, still gorgeous and full of bling! This top coat is pretty smooth as is, I only used a standard top coat on top and no bumps.


There are so many colors going on in this glitter, but not in a clashy way. It's truly just gorgeous!


Next I'm using Kick Ass over Sinful Colors Matte Nirvana, a dusty brown that is actually not matte. Yeah...no clue there.


Oooh lala! Yeah baby! I think holo top coats always shine best over something totally unexpected like a brown!


So much rainbow goodness you can really pick up the different colors of this polish in this shot. I used 2 coats of Matte Nirvana followed by one coat of Kick Ass and 1 coat of Color Club 0-60 Top Coat.


This makes me want to get out all of my brown polishes and put Kick Ass over them!


For good measure - here is a hand shot of both manicures using Kick Ass Top Coat!


Next up is Man Eater. When Laura asked me if I would like to pick the colors I received, this was on my list. I know what you're thinking. It turns out the longer I seem to blog the more I find myself liking the things I never did. I mean, 2 weeks ago I used crackles, and now reds?!?! It's true, give me a red like this and I'm in love.


Man Eater Macro. A medium red jelly base with color shifting flakies! I mean dammit, there is purple in there! Holy crap! And some kind of microshimmer/pearl, possibly red or pink...insane nonetheless.


Man Eater shown at just 2 coats. The crazy thing about this polish is that if I wasn't a blogger and my nails weren't under macro scrutiny, I could have gotten away with 1 coat of this. For serious. The second coat showed almost no difference at all, except to just class it up more.


Can you see the fire in this? Not only does it shift to gorgeous warm orange and copper shimmers, but you can definitely see the purple and pink cooler tones in it too. It's bad ass, period.


Swoon. One coat of top coat to finish this off.


You know it's not a party til it gets matted!


The thing that caught my eye as soon as I pulled these pics off of my camera was that this seemed to look alot like the Layla Soft Touch polishes when it's matted. Thats awesome since I've yet to get any of them but am constantly being taunted by them.


My last goody to show you is Pussy Wagon. Yes, that is what I said. This polish is from the Kill Bill Collection, so if you're familiar with that film, you know whats goin' on here! As you can see, I'm pairing it up with some simple black and white, both from Sinful Colors.


As opposed to a macro, I opted to show you a close up bottle shot so you can really enjoy the color shift in this polish.  This polish has a red/pink to gold/copper to purple color shift. It really just depends what else is in its atmosphere.


I tried a bunch of different color combinations before settling on this one. Let's face it, most people throw a black under a duochrome anyway, right? So how about seeing it on both sides of the spectrum? Here I have black and white base nails, then I applied striping tape and 1 coat of Pussy Wagon over each nail.


This polish coats well, only 1 coat shown here over the black and white polishes. So not only can you see the shifts available and how they change over different base colors, but you can see the huge difference in color between the areas with and without Pussy Wagon.


This is shown with 1 coat of 0-60 top coat by Color Club.


For good measure, here is a shot with flash.

So...so much fun, sad to see it end. What did you think of these crazy awesome polishes?!?!
Ruby White Tips Polishes can be purchased through their ETSY shop HERE.
Also, check 'em out at these fine social places:
WEBSITE
FACEBOOK



*products sent to me for my honest review*


You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. Holy shit is right...wow! I can't decide which one is my favorite. Perhaps Man Eater. Love all your looks with these!!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, please feel free to leave one! I can't always respond due to time constraints or pure forgetfulness, but if you have a specific question about something, ask here or email me!