American Czechbook

Hey hey hey!
Today I have an unusual pairing - I guess the reason I say that is that I ALWAYS find it hard to pair a red, white and blue glitter with it's base color.
It could be something really cool or something that goes so wrong. This today...I think it met somewhere in the middle.
Anyway - todays Indie is America the Great by Polish Me Crazy.
It's a polish I was given as a free gift with a purchase I made last year through the Polish Me Crazy Copious page.

I've paired up America the Great with Can't Find My Czechbook by OPI from their Euro Centrale Collection. It's a gorgeous aqua blue leaning teal, very similar to last years Fly.

America the Great in Macro - this polish has some gorgeous glitter choices - red and blue bar glitters (ive had this polish about 9 months and its not curling, YAY!), red and white square glitters, blue stars and white hex glitters! I also spied what appeared to be large white squares, but they all missed my nail. Love all of the tiny squares! It's all matte glitter, too!

Can't Find My Czechbook had a thin-ish formula that was not problematic at all, this is 2 coats under America the Great which is also 2 coats.

Formula on America was very nice, this is 2 coats to get a good glitter fix - not hungry, topped with Gelous and a coat of Julep Quick Dry Topcoat.


Love the smaller size stars! Between the small stars and the square matte glitters and the fact I had this polish last summer, Polish Me Crazy was really ahead of their time since these things are really popular NOW.

So what do you think of this pairing?
Do you like red, white and blue glitters? What do you put under YOURS?

Polish Me Crazy polishes are available through their Etsy store HERE and retail for $7.



You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. i love this layering! i usually layer my red white and blue glitters over purple :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love red white and blue glitters!! And I go for either white or a cream color...just to amp up the patriotic-ness...super cute!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, please feel free to leave one! I can't always respond due to time constraints or pure forgetfulness, but if you have a specific question about something, ask here or email me!