Rusted Metal Can Be Pretty!




Hey guys!
I'm coming to you live from my new laptop - the previous week of posts I had set up previous to going out of town last weekend, but this post officially starts my new laptop editing and I pretty much love it. Its got a way faster video card which makes load time on everything a million times quicker. It does have a mouse sensitivity issue I've yet to resolve, but all in all, I'm quite pleased.
So anyway - I need to address something before I go further with this post.
Before we left on our trip, I decided to freshen up my haircolor. It was a last minute choice which meant I dug into my massive haircolor arsenal and hoped to pull out something I could use.
The only thing that caught my eye was a half used tube of Pravana Vivid Purple.
Ugh - ok so my friend gave me this after she colored my hair for me once, I had never used it on my own (though I have used the pink several times) - I had no idea it was going to stain my entire life for weeks on end.
So my hands are purple here, and I'm very sorry.

Continuing on with my month of untried Indies...today I doubled up! Or did I double down?
See what I did there?
This was my trip mani, and aside from breaking two nails, this manicure wore like iron for the entire 6 days I had it on.


Cast of Characters:
Nostalgic Lacquer - Way Harsh
Sinful Colors - Gorgeous
Black Heart - Hot Pink
Pretty & Polished - Rat-A-Tat

Rat-A-Tat is a gorgeous teal and black glitter mix in a clearish base. It looks like it would be slightly blackened jelly, but I saw no real color change in my base when applied. Teal is my favorite color, so you know I am gonna go gaga about this. It's awesome. Great formula.

Nostalgic Lacquer Way Harsh, from her Clueless collection. I probably bought it more for the name/inspiration than the polish itself, or maybe I didn't - who knows. I love pink as much as teal, which is why I paired these two Indies together. Tiny micro pink and black glitter polish in a clear base - amaze-o.

Hi there. I'm this awesome color metal hybrid, nice to meet you. I feel like this is a techno easter egg.

To achieve this look, I started with a base of Black Heart Hot Pink - its a weird DO NOT SHAKE polish that is layered. I didn't expect much but was kinda surprised by it. It goes on the nail kind of stripey, like it pulls one or two colors from the bottle and they blend a little as you apply, but still show color differences. It was mostly the silver with occasional signs of pink or black. Then I sponged parts of the pink from it and the Sinful Color Gorgeous to get the pink and teal mix.

Then I added Rat-A-Tat and Way Harsh at the end to get a little bit of pink poppin' in there. I realize this manicure doesn't show off the full potential of either of these Indies, I may come back to them at the end of the month if time allows.

I started feeling a strong metal vibe from this manicure as I was finishing it up, so I added matte top coat to complete the look.

Pretty & Polished can be found on Facebook - and their shop link is shopprettyandpolished.com

Nostalgic Lacquer can be found on Facebook - and their shop link is nostalgicnaillacquer.com



You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. Ha Ha! Your purple hands match your mani perfectly! :) And it is a gorgeous mani! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These is awesome! Oh and hello new laptop! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoa! What a fab combo!! I love this :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic manicure! I usually bleach my hands after getting color on my fingers. Just a tiny bit of 30 vol + powder bleach mixed with hand soap, left on my hands for a few minutes. Drying, but it usually lifts any color.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this! Nothing like a bit of pink and teal!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, please feel free to leave one! I can't always respond due to time constraints or pure forgetfulness, but if you have a specific question about something, ask here or email me!