Teal Tuesdays = Splatter

It's another Tuesday - that means it's time for Teal!
So I posted this yesterday, had it all saved up in a draft so all I had to do was click publish - of course I tried to do that from the iPad I'm borowing and it decided to just delete all of the info when I tried. 
Its been a week of bad luck, so this was really no surprise. Luckily I uploaded one of the pics to our Facebook group...so I have at least one little pic to show you for my Tealicure this week.


This was done with a black/white gradient where I used the wet sponge bouncing technique.
Basically, you wet your makeup sponge then tap it out til it's just slightly damp, apply all of your gradient shades directly to the sponge and then bounce it a bunch of times on your nail. This worked way better for me than when I used to do it one color at a time. The wetness seems to blend the colors a lot better, but it also dilutes them a little, the black was super hard to get opaque enough to cover my natural nail shade so I had to cover the tips a bit - in the end it worked out.
After the gradient I mixed Revlon Fashionista with a bunch of acetone and splattered it on by flicking it with a paintbrush. In hindsight I think a brighter teal would've worked better...but I still like this alot.




If you are interested in participating in Teal Tuesdays, just drop me a line in the comments with your blog address so I can add you to the participating blog list. And there is also a FB Group! Please join in the conversation!


Please visit my other Terrifically Teal Teammates:
Nails Beautiqued
Geeky Owl
Mandy's Polish
Fancy Phalanges
Colorsplash Nails
Gaga for Nails
Persistently Glittery
Simple & Beautiful
No Holos!

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. i love this! the splatter and gradient looks awesome together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loveee! I love the smokiness of the gradient :]

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, please feel free to leave one! I can't always respond due to time constraints or pure forgetfulness, but if you have a specific question about something, ask here or email me!