Let's Meet Jolene from Follow Gashin!


If you guys follow me on Facebook you may have seen me sing the praises of this blogger on more than one occasion. Jolene runs the blog Follow Gashin, and she has quickly become one of my favorite bloggers, as well as just an awesome lady in general!
In fact, I recently did an 'interview' on The Crumpet, and I really wish I'd had a chance before publication to revise a few of my answers to the questions (I gave them many months before it went live), particularly my blogs to follow, because Jolene's blog is DEFINITELY on that list!


Hello Missy's lovelies!

I am super excited to guest post at Gnarly Gnails. Missy is one of the kindest, most sincere people I've encountered in my blogging/nail art journey, and to be able to help her out with a post is a huge honour for me. She's the bestest! But I don't want to cover you all in sap, so let's get onto the nailssssss.



For today's look, I wanted to blend my love of neon brush strokes (which I used for a look earlier this month-- I can't help but love them!) and a little bit of sass, and a helping of class. And sugar and spice and oh hell where am I even going with this?



I began with a base of two coats of French White on all but my ring finger, on which I put two coats of Fashion Safari. I then did semi-random brushstrokes of my neons, aiming for one or two strokes per nail.



From there, I used my striper brush to do the frames in Fashion Safari, and I used 1.5mm silver studs from Born Pretty Store on the ring finger. Topcoat it all, and voilà!



This was a fun and relatively easy look to do, but I love how the fun neons come up against the classy nude. Another fun option would be to use Clowning Around or another neon glitter instead of the brush strokes!

Polishes used:
Nina Ultra Pro - French White, Punki Pink, Solar Flare, Lime Light, Orange Flame
NYColor - Fashion Safari
1.5mm studs from Born Pretty
la couleur couture - 2013 (top coat)
Duri - Rejuvacote (base coat)

I hope you liked this look, and major thanks for having me, Missy dearest! 

xo,

J.

-----------------------------------------------------

See what I mean? YOU ALL NEED TO FOLLOW HER BLOG!
Thank you so much Jolene - you rocked my socks off, just as I suspected you would!


Image Map

You Might Also Like

0 comments