Let's Meet Jas from Blingtastic Nails!


Would you believe it if I told you I have a guest post for you today!?
Well....if you guessed you would believe it, give yourself a round of applause!
Today I have Jas from Blingtastic Nails! YAY!


Hi guys! My name is Jas from Jas's Blingtastic Nails and today I am doing a guest post for the wonderful Missy here on Gnarly Gnails..I may be a bit excited about this opportunity as I have been a follower for a while now :) I was thinking about what would be fabulous to show you guys, and I thought I would show you what happens when manicures go wrong, in a good way! LOL. Galaxy nails are super popular at the moment, so I thought I'd give it a go. Instead of a galaxy though, I ended up with a beautiful watercolor effect design which was was a very happy mistake.

So sparkly and pretty!

So how did I do this look? It's easier than it looks. I painted my nails a base coat of white, then using a makeup sponge I painted the colors I wanted straight onto the sponge, then dabbed onto the nail. I just repeated and layered until I decided it looked pretty! The colors I used were:

Ulta3 White Lily
China Glaze Four Leaf Clover
China Glaze Running in Circles
China Glaze Spontaneous
Zoya Mimi
Sally Hansen Lava
Lilypad Lacquer Blooming Violets


Love how Sally Hansen Lava switches between being orange and red!

 Weird hand pose, but duochrome effect anyone?

Next I added a coat of Matte topcoat to see what it would do

Mattified with Kleancolor Madly Matte

Not sure that the matte finish added that much. Maybe it emphasizes the glitter a tiny bit. What do you think? I do believe the key to getting an interesting finish is to make sure you have a combo of different finish polishes..I used cremes, a glass fleck polish,a glass fleck duochrome polish and a holographic polish to create the depth and interesting finish. I really don't know how I thought the combination of these polishes was going to lead me to a galaxy finish, but I am very happy with the end result anyways.

Thanks for reading guys! Hope you enjoyed the post.

 xo

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Fantastic! I love the duochrome galaxy look! I might actually have to try this one out!
Thanks so much for guesting for me today, Jas!


Image Map

You Might Also Like

0 comments