The Literary Liquors Collection - Review and Swatches



Hey loves!

Are you familiar with the term WHOPPER?!

I hope so, because I have got one for you today!

Behold - the newest collection from Literary Lacquers - Literary Liquors!
They're so fabulous you will want to drink them, but please don't!











The new Literary Liquors Collection is based off of famous drinks in literature, with one nod to a quote. Even if you aren't a bookworm, you're gonna want every single one of these. yes.
So here we go, buckle your belts or whatever you think might keep you safe!

First up is Dandelion Wine. A mustard yellow (think dijon) holo with orange to pink shifting particles.

"Dandelion wine. The words were summer on the tongue. The wine was summer caught and stoppered."

- Dandelion Wine by Ray Bradbury

Glorious! Rich and dreamy. The holo was apparent in all lighting and the coats were great at 2. Nice and opaque but with enough jelly to really sparkle and shine.

This polish is running the thin line between yellow and gold and I love it! It's completely unique and dreamy to apply. I love yellow, I love gold. I love this.

I love that you can see the holo and the pink/gold shifting glitters simultaneously...it truly is creation at its finest.

I'm Drinking Stars - GASP! A champagne holo that goes opaque at 3 coats but for this only polish I did layer it over OPI My Vampire Is Buff, they were in the same color family and this was the first one I tried so I wasn't sure how sheer they were. Trust me, none of these need underpants!

“Champagne was discovered by a Catholic monk," said Bernard. "Took one swallow and burst out of his cellar yelling, 'I'm drinking stars, I'm drinking stars!' Tequila was invented by a bunch of brooding Indians. Into human sacrifice and pyramids. Somewhere between champagne and tequila is the secret history of Mexico, just as somewhere between beef jerky and Hostess Twinkies is the secret history of America. Or aren't you in the mood for epigrams?"

-Still Life With Woodpecker by Tom Robbins

The holo on this one was spectacular - for a light shade I was really impressed with the rainbows I saw!

If you're new here, you might not know this about me, but I FREAKING LOVE NUDE HOLOS!!!!

It's work safe, it's sexy...its a must.

Jack Rose - a warm, coppery brown holo...it fell somewhere between caramel and apple cider to me, very unique, and next to nude holos, brown holos are my next weakness. Sigh.

"At five o'clock I was in the Hotel Crillon waiting for Brett. She was not there, so I sat down and wrote some letters. They were not very good letters but I hoped their being on Crillon stationery would help them. Brett did not turn up, so about quarter to six I went down to the bar and had a Jack Rose with George the barman. Brett had not been in the bar either, and so I looked for her up-stairs on my way out, and took a taxi to the Café Select. "

- The Sun Also Rises by Ernest Hemingway

It seems orange but it is anything but, its rich and gorgeous and dripping in caramel apple rainbows and unicorns. It had one of the best holo effects of the grouping and it pained me to remove!

Indoor lighting showed remarkable holo-loving. 

This polish has a gorgeous inner golden glow too - can you see!?!

Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster - I know a TON of you ladies will love this for the reference alone - my boyfriend sure did when I showed him the label. This is the big awesome sister to China Glaze Atlantis. A teal leaning blue holo with holo glitters mixed in, it is the galaxy on acid.


"[The Guide] says that the best drink in existence is the Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster. It says that the effect of a Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster is like having your brains smashed out by a slice of lemon wrapped round a large gold brick."

- The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy by Douglas Adams

Love it. I love teal, therefore I love this. All the stuff inside that isn't teal is just a bonus!

This polish has a great holo sparkle effect and applied just lovely at 3 coats.

The holo bend to this is less than some of the others, but I think with the glitters in this it keeps it gorgeous without becoming too in your face. A very versatile shade for those few people in the world who think a holo might be a big step for them.

Strawberry Ice Cream Soma - a warm, almost coral leaning pink holo.

"The service had begun. The dedicated soma tablets were placed in the centre of the table. The loving cup of strawberry ice-cream soma was passed from hand to hand and, with the formula, "I drink to my annihilation," twelve times quaffed."

- Brave New World by Aldous Huxley

I don't own anything at all like this! Of course thats true of most of this collection, but this was another truly unique polish for me. It applied well, 3 coats just for full coverage and how beautiful is this!?

This is so subtle yet beautiful - you can literally wear this to any event or the office! It has a great holo effect too!

It is truly chameleon in its color...does it want to be pink? Maybe a little peach? Coral? Who knows!

And lastly we've got Two At The Very Most - the glitter top coat of the cocktail menu - the ingredients are as follows: black hexes, white squares, gunmetal hexes, silver chrome hexes so shiny that they reflect light like a disco ball, a touch of holographic microglitter and added green circle glitters - this polish is made to be reminiscent of a quote by Dorothy Parker about Martinis (hence the green circles for olives! Genius I tell you!):

“I like to have a martini,
Two at the very most.
After three I'm under the table,
after four I'm under my host.”

- Dorothy Parker

There are many glitters out there full of black and white glitters, its true. But not many near this good.
Amy of Literary Lacquers may be well known for her holos, but this girl can mix a glitter let me tell you!

The formula on this glitter was TO DIE FOR. The glitter stuck to the brush perfectly and the base was not thick at all! I wish more polish makers could figure this ratio out! This is just one coat over Smitten Polish's Naiad.

A matte top coat here to show you the potential of this beauty!
It's pretty much the perfect, subtle but edgy glitter, and the best part is it will go with probably any polish you own!

Now that I've gotten your attention - the deets on this collection!
It's going live on sale today - Thursday September 5 at 12 noon MDT (which I THINK is 2pm EST)
Full Size bottles are $10, or you can buy the entire 6 piece collection for a discounted price of $55.
Now if you don't know about Literary Lacquers - make sure and check them out at the following social sites:

Image Map

You Might Also Like

0 comments