Adventures in Stamping - Black & White Challenge


We stamp on Sundays in this group, and while I realize it is not quite Sunday yet in my neck of the woods, I have been sitting on my hands not showing this mani for over 24 hours and it's been KILLING me!
I loved it to pieces. And it even got quite a few compliments at work which doesn't happen too much.

There were two different ways I shot this mani - because the first few steps of it I thought were kinda cool - a black & white jelly sammich!

 

 

This was 1 coat of Fingerpaints Black Expressionism, followed by 1 coat of Sally Hansen Glass Slipper (an awesome white/silver flakie style glitter) followed by one coat of Femme Couture Black (it's super sheer dark grey on the first coat, perfect to lightly go over the flakie!) SO here it is after those three layers and a layer of Seche Vite so it would dry fast for my next steps.




Awww yeah. Those steps were a white splatter using acrylic paint with a wet paintbrush and flicking it onto my nails. The thumb and ring were stamped with Konad Special White Polish and a Cheeky plate (sorry, forget which right now) and then topped with Matte top coat.






I totally love how you can just see the hint of flakie under the black. I love dimension like that.
Hit or miss?

You Might Also Like

11 comments

  1. Awesome! I love it. The splatter makes me think of spilled milk. Lol! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's definitely a hit! It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahh this is so awesome!! i love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You bet it's a hit!!!
    I just LOVE the matte finish in this mani.
    This is something I totally wouldn't expect when it comes to either paint splatter or lips stamps (and for that matter - hearts too).
    But maybe this is why I just LOVE it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks ya'll!
    i adore these, i wish i could wear them all the time. they remind me of old murdered out matte black rat rods and chaos with a little bit of kissy pinup lips going on! glad everyone liked em!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm inspired! This is awesome! The matte finish really makes them pop.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, please feel free to leave one! I can't always respond due to time constraints or pure forgetfulness, but if you have a specific question about something, ask here or email me!