Monkey See Monkey Do Day!

It's Monday, you know this, right?
Ugh...Hopefully I'm asleep right now because as always, I have to be up at the buttcrack of dawn today.
But luckily it is going to be an epic nail mail day here, so I don't mind being up early, because I'll be stopping at the PO for one giant package and more to come later in the day. 
Have I mentioned I thoroughly hate my mail person? Pretty sure she hates us, too.
She tried delivering this monster package on Saturday (which is kind of a shock, because usually she can't be bothered to drive up our drive) - but I was in the shower and by the time my boyfriend realized it was the mail lady she was already leaving. He whistled out to her, and she looked right at him, and kept on going. What a scum, huh? I have a lot of problems with her laziness, and when it happens on a Saturday and I have to wait 2 extra days to get it because they're closed on Sunday, yeah, you aint messing with my polish without a complaint, lady.

Wow...so that happened.
And now this is....


This mani's inspiration came from Sophie at My Awesome Beauty. She has insanely great photography skills, and always does some spot on manicure goodness.


For this mani my base was Owls Night and Brit Invasion by Loreal - topped with  a no name pink from a brand called LDL and then I used China Glaze Passion and a thin paintbrush to line the sections out.




Hope you enjoyed this installment of Monkey See, Monkey Do Monday!
Check out the rest of the ladies:









P.S.
Don't forget to enter the Gnarly Gnails 500 Follower Giveaway!
Ends 9.01.2012 and is open Internationally!

You Might Also Like

21 comments

  1. Lovely colors)) great story - i'm sure we can all relate LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i know, we are all freaks about our packages arent we?!

      Delete
  2. I think the mail persons are wondering what the heck all those packages are about :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. probably! on top of the fact that i ship alot of stuff out from running a business at home too! maybe thats why...

      Delete
  3. This is super pretty btw I'm loving the new layout! Hmmm lol it seems like you and your postal worker are combatants. I love mine he always leaves my packages nicely and if I wait for him he will go and get them especially for me. I'm sorry you are having problems with yours :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. we've got the normal lady who sucks and then we have a once in awhile substitute mail guy who will drive up and leave our stuff on the car if we dont answer. i think she's just unfriendly and lazy.

      Delete
  4. Fortunately my most frequent mail person find my nails cool LOL - and we live in the countryside, so it's safe to leave parcels if I'm not at home.
    Lovely mani :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I live in the country, too!
      Its crazy, its super safe here also but she makes all these excuses for why she cant leave my packages, it might rain, its too big for the box, blah blah.
      I left so many notes to her telling her to leave it at the box, just put it on the ground, and she hardly ever does this.
      I even have a stack of slips I leave signed at the box in case a package needs a signature (especially because my boyfriend receives a lot of expensive tattoo equipment too) but somehow we still have to pick up packages AT LEAST one or two times a week.

      Delete
  5. gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous and i LOVE the new blog header - my fave so far !! And you have 2 packages - one large envelope and 1 monster box xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you!
      i got the monster!
      it was fun explaining to my boyfriend that it wasnt from a dude when it was addressed to "missy robinson: the love of my life"
      hahaha. i had to fight him for the chocolate candies, told you!!!
      <3

      Delete
  6. i had problems with my mail people too! when he got a package he would stand at the bottom of the porch stairs and through the package up the the door and walk away on the grass. i saw him doing it a few times and my dad called the post office so how we HAS to get a signature for every package to ensure that he actually walks up the stairs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh no that is just uncalled for. i dont even get why its such a hard job for some people. some of these carriers should be working the counter.

      Delete
  7. Me Likey!!!

    And the PO wonders why folks don't use them much anymore?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No kidding. The ones inside the office aren't much better either. Though there are 2 gems at ours and I think the rest of them caught on that they suck in comparison because they've all recently become considerably nicer to us when we come in than they used to.

      Delete
    2. Nothing like a little peer pressure to adjust an attitude. LOL

      Delete
  8. This turned out really nice. At first I thought the darker/neutral color was just a single shade but I like that its two and they're just slightly different. It gives the whole mani that something extra. And I feel ya on the shitty postman, ours never comes at the same time of the day and sometimes he doesn't come at all! Or at least I suspect he doesn't, because we get a lot of mail and to get none more than once a month is suspicious. I think we're at the end of his route and he just gets tired of being in the heat. But damn, do your job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jess!
      I know I just don't get it. We live in a totally rural area where they dont even have to get out of their damn car, so it baffles me that they've become sooo lazy they never even drive up and honk. only the one nice guy that works about once every three months does that. You'd think for what they get paid they'd be a little more motivated...I think she's not from the south. She's got a bad attitude like me.

      Delete
  9. This is great! I actually bought Brit Invasion and haven't used it yet. I feel like it my be on my nails tomorrow :) it makes me feel more normal to hear people as serious about their nail mail as I am!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous! And you know what's funny? I'm wearing Owl's Night and Britt Invasion right now! Hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really love these :] Sucks your mail person is so lazy!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, please feel free to leave one! I can't always respond due to time constraints or pure forgetfulness, but if you have a specific question about something, ask here or email me!