China Glaze Crinkled Chrome Swatches and Review


I'm what you call, "behind" in some posts and reviews, so I'll be doing a little double posting here and there this coming week to catch up.
Today I have a review on the newest offering from China Glaze - Crinkled Chrome.
I know the "weirder" textures aren't loved by alot of people, but I like them pretty okay, and I gotta hand it to China Glaze for trying new things!





I received for review 3 of the 6 Crinkled Chrome polishes, here from left to right they are:
I'm a Chromantic
Aluminate
Crush, Crush Baby

All of these have a very opaque formula and are all shown at just 1 coat and fully dry.
Across the board the formula/texture was the same - opaque in one coat and thick and gloopy. Slightly difficult to work with, but if you take your time you should do ok with them. If you need a 2nd coat, wait a good 5-10 minutes or like with most metallic/chrome finishes, you may pull up some of your first coat accidentally.

First up is Aluminate, the silver offering in the group.


Next up is Crush, Crush Baby - the lavender of the bunch.

This one was my favorite of the three I was sent. It's like a muted and very pale lilac.

And lastly we have I'm a Chromantic (how perfect would this name have been for their Romantics collection of chromes??) - This is a pale pink that is very similar to Crush, Crush Baby, but still different enough to tell.


The polishes are interesting. Upon application I did like them more than I expected to.
They are the equivalent of a glitter polish with too much pigment.
I think in pictures you get the appearance of a messed up polish application riddled with bubbles and dents, but in reality it looks pretty cool, like stucco on a house. The small particles are very small, most of the texture comes from the bar glitters.
I didn't get a chance to art with them because they are pretty thick, but I definitely am going to give them a go with some stamping and see what I can come up with!


China Glaze® Crinkled Chrome will be available in January 2014 at fine salons and beauty supply stores.
China Glaze® is free of DBP, toluene, and added formaldehyde.
China Glaze® nail lacquers are available through salons and professional beauty supply stores nationwide. For more information, please visit www.chinaglaze.com or follow China Glaze on Facebook (@ChinaGlaze), Twitter (@ChinaGlazeOfficial) and Pinterest (pinterest.com/chinaglaze).
China Glaze® is a division of American International Industries.
Share this PostShare to FacebookShare to TwitterEmail ThisPin ThisShare on Google PlusShare on Tumblr

You Might Also Like

0 comments