Foodie Fridays - Potato Gratin Stacks

As I'm getting back into the swing of things, I wanted to mix it up with things besides makeup and nail polish. I have always loved cooking but for the past 8 years I was living somewhere where I had to share a kitchen and it was very difficult at dinnertime to even attempt to make dinner while someone else did the same, if you can imagine!

Now that I have full reign of my own kitchen and man with a big appetite and almost no food hangups, I have been cooking like a crazy woman.  I usually like to find cool recipes online and then tweak them to my own liking.

So as my first foray into food blogging (which I know already I suck at photography and nutritional values wise, I use the term food blogging VERY loosely), I figured might as well go with a potato dish since potatoes are one of my favorite foods.

This is a very impromptu post, I made these for dinner last night for the first time and had no intention of making them a public spectacle, but they came out so good I figured I might as well get this Foodie Fridays feature going!


Not only are these delicious but they're super easy to make. In fact, I didn't even look at the recipe I found for them and instead just eyeballed all of the ingredients and measurements.



What you'll need:
A muffin pan
Non-stick cooking spray or a bit of oil or butter
A spoon
Foil


Preheat oven to 350.

Ingredients:
Potatoes
Butter
Parmesan Cheese
Italian Seasoning
Garlic powder
Garlic cloves
Salt
Pepper
Milk
Caesar Dressing
Grated cheese

Cut your potatoes thinly, you should be able to get two stacks out of one small/medium potato.

Spray the muffin tin with nonstick spray or drop a pat of butter or drop of oil in each muffin well.

In one bowl mix together some Parmesan cheese with Italian seasoning, Garlic powder and salt and pepper.

In another bowl melt about 2 tbsp of butter and then add 2-3 garlic cloves, Caesar dressing and a small amount of milk. Stir until the consistency is of a thin cream. In my recipe I actually added a bit of sour cream to the mixture as well.

Begin assembling the stacks...place one slice in the tin and then sprinkle the dry mixture. Do this for each slice. After three slices, add a spoon of the cream mixture and a pinch of grated cheese of your choice. Repeat three more slices on top of that and add another spoon of cream and pinch of cheese.

Once you have your muffin wells filled, loosely cover the pan with foil so the foil is not touching the tops and stealing your cheese.

Bake for 40 minutes, remove foil and then bake another 10 minutes or broil lightly for 3-5 minutes depending on your preferences. Spoon out of the tins and enjoy!

Most of my cooking is done very loosely with little to no traditional measuring and alot of the time I sub items in a recipe for whatever I have available...I know my cooking style is very unconventional, but that's how I roll!



You Might Also Like

2 comments

I love reading your comments, please feel free to leave one! I can't always respond due to time constraints or pure forgetfulness, but if you have a specific question about something, ask here or email me!