Feature Focus - Ardell Stroke a Brow

Disclosure - Personal Purchase

Today we are discussing brows.
Ever since I was about 19 or so, my eyebrows have been my favorite part of doing makeup. Back when I lived in Long Beach, I had an amazing brow girl and she is still one of the things I miss most about California.  I was a hardcore plucker in the 90s and I've never recovered from it. Because of this I am always on the lookout for the next great thing to make my brows look full and natural.  I saw Ardell Stroke a Brow advertised on someones YouTube channel about a month or 2 ago and was quite intrigued by the idea of it.  A few years back I had tried the Eylure product similar to this, it was like a blunt slant tip marker on one side and fine point on the other. But when I purchased that it was just TOO much pigment and I was instant groucho.
Ardell knows a thing or two about lashes and brows so I would like to assume this would be pretty much exactly what I needed. As far as I know you can really only find this at Sally, so off I went on my way to work one afternoon and stopped by beforehand.  They ONLY had medium brown in stock and I thought that might actually be perfect since I am really only wanting it to draw in the front hairs and I can use my normal products for the rest which I generally do just a bit darker.

This is a pen with a hair tip, shaped perfect, where the product flows through the brush (no clicking its just freeflowing like a Kat Von D liner).  I love the brush. The pen size is slim and easy to hold.  And the color is a nice solid medium brown, not too warm or cool.


The top line is fully pressed to my skin, the middle is a little lighter pressure and the bottom line is the same amount of pressure. As you can see, this is where Stroke a Brow becomes a fail.  Product simply doesn't come out.  After merely three strokes, I am begging for color and getting zero payoff. And as you may know, a swatch on my hand is gonna be much darker than what it would appear on my actual face.  The strokes are all but invisible there.  Its such a great concept but I simply cannot get the color to flow out, so for now I will stick to my silicone eyeliner brush and MAC dipdown.  Still seriously the best hair mimicking I've found.

Have you tried the new Stroke a Brow? What are your favorite eyebrow products and needs?



You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Thanks for the review. I will pass this one by then. I've been using an Ardell brow kit powder and a small thin angled brush for a natural quick workday look, but then when I want a more glam refined brow, I love Benefit's Gimme Brow. On the cheap is L'Oréal Brow Stylist brow mascara.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great choices! I go back and forth between skinny pencils and pomades, powder if I feel like matching my hair color!

      Delete

I love reading your comments, please feel free to leave one! I can't always respond due to time constraints or pure forgetfulness, but if you have a specific question about something, ask here or email me!