Back in Time! Vintage Style!


It's Back in Time, time, AGAIN!
That time o' the month when I go back and show you an old, ancient mani of mine and how I've revamped it for NOW times!

I do this with Debbie from The Crumpet, and we've also added in Ashley from Smashley Sparkles, so those ladies will also be showing you theirs today (minds out of the gutter!), and then on the 15th we will switch off and do each other!

So many innuendos....sorry!


So this month we go back to July of last year. I chose one of my Rockabilly Luau manicures to do. They were all some of my favorites ever, but there was one in particular that I wanted a rematch on pretty much since I did it 12 months ago. THIS GUY - the Vintage.
Mainly just because I did it reverse of what it was supposed to be, so this time I did it the RIGHT way!
Behold - the Vintage mani!

But wait! I did it HOLOOOOOOOO!

This is the correct style for a Vintage manicure, red in the middle with nude tips and moon.

This one started with a base of Essie Topless & Barefoot (one of my all time favorite nudies). Then I applied two coats of A Wink and a Nod by Slick Lacquer by Suzzie. Which happens to be another favorite nudie! But HOLO!

After those were super dry, I added french curved tapes and added the middle section, which is LA Girl 3D Effects in Sparkle Ruby. This one was an untried and OMG. So in love with that!

And a matte version because...AWESOME.

Here is the before and after, the then and now...what do you think? 
I kind of love the juxtaposition of each of these and think it will be fun to do a mani incorporating both ideas in the future!

Make sure and visit Debbie and Ashley to see what they came up with for their Back in Time(s)!


Image Map

You Might Also Like

0 comments