Nail-Art-A-Go-Go Day 8 - Still Life

Hey guys!
It's the start of Week Two of the Nail-Art-A-Go-Go Challenge and now the prompts are getting more "interesting".
Todays prompt is Still Life, which was something that always captivated me in art class.
Via Wikipedia:  A still life is a work of art depicting mostly inanimate subject matter, typically commonplace objects which may be either natural (food, flowers, dead animals, plants, rocks, or shells) or man-made (drinking glasses, books, vases, jewelry, coins, pipes, and so on). 




So yeah - I went inanimate in a bit of a different direction. Originally I was going to do your typical bowl of fruit, but it seemed a little too daunting. So instead I did breakfast.

I pretty much started with white, then stamped on the tablecloth pattern (I dont recall the plate, I think its a MASH though) and then I painted on the still life bits with acrylic paints)

The fork and knife were just black and silver paint, then for the plate I did a cream acrylic and the eggs were just yellow and white. The bacon I made by actually swirling red and cream together and just applying it with a dotting tool.


--------------


Share this PostShare to Facebook Share to Twitter Email This Pin This Share on Google Plus Share on Tumblr

You Might Also Like

0 comments