It's DEXTER Week!!!!


Every first week of the month, myself and few close nail friends get together and bust out a theme week. We have all been REALLY excited to get this one rolling and it's finally here!

DEXTER WEEK!

If you don't know about Dexter, you clearly live under some big boulders. This is a show going into its 8th and final season this month. I'm sad. I've been with this show since it's very first episode aired and, while I have wavered around the 2nd and 3rd Seasons, I have always loved and stayed true to it.





So...there is a theme here today, and it's plastic. Dexter, when given the proper time and locale, likes to wrap his victims up in plastic wrap and tell them what they've done wrong and whats about to be coming to them. He's never veered from this MO and it's one of the best parts of the show to me.  So in trying to pay homage to the plastic, I have let my nails be the victims here today.

The manicure itself is quite basic. I did a basecoat of Seche Vite, which has a pearly white finish. On my ring finger I did a blob of Essie Skirting the Issue.

One nail at a time I simply added a quick dry top coat and then a sliver of plastic wrap that I had cut the same width as the nail but about twice as long, wrinkled it up, held it together with tweezers and then placed it on my nail and pressed it down.

For any pieces that stuck up, I just top coated those areas a bit and pushed the plastic back on to itself. It's messy but its fun sometimes to rock a messy nail design if it gets the point across! Suffer for your nail art!



You can bet there is going to be some serious awesome brought this week - make sure and check out these ladies to see what they did:



You Might Also Like

30 comments

  1. OH MY GOD. All hail Missy! This has got to be my favorite mani ever. SO much in fact, I might have to do a MSMD. I'm obsessed with dexter... I just have to do a Dexter themed manicure now! Love love love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh I love Dexter, plus these nails are so fun.

    Have you seen Hannibal yet? It's freaking great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, these officially made me feel kinda queasy, which means that you hit the ball outta the park, lady!! Holy jeez, I doubt I could ever think up something this ingenious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vedrana BrankovicJune 3, 2013 at 1:53 AM

    I love it. I quit watching Dexter after season 4 (How great was John Lithgow?), but I still have some fond memories of the series. Doing splatter mani to me means doing Dexter splatter mani :D
    The idea to use plastic wrap and just a bit of red polish is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, my goodness lady! These are amazing! Don't watch the show (not for lack of trying, don't get the channel, super bummed here) but I love these! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow missy this is such a great idea I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a creative mani ! I absolutely love it !

    ReplyDelete
  8. i have never watched the show (i know, i know) but these nails look really cool!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awww thank you! If you do it, lemme know! Would love to see how you work it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG yes, Hannibal is wicked awesome. It's so grotesque and beautiful at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hahaha!!! Oh you are the queen of ingenious!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It got a little stale for me, around 4 is when it came back around and really got good again, for me anyway. He was an awesome bad guy! I actually do have a Trinity mani coming this week too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my goodness Kirsten! We have got to fix that!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ha! it may prove being the only good thing I come up with this week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's one of those shows that some people just can't watch. I know there was a time in my life where anything remotely scary was unwatchable to me. Then one day it all just turned around!

    ReplyDelete
  16. hehe. i bet you will love this week girl!

    ReplyDelete
  17. more daring nails :D yaayy

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the show hannibal, which isnt too scary (though that last episode was terrifying!) everyone says i need to watch dexter lol

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yes you need to watch it then! Hannibal is more gruesome in a lot of ways (especially for a network show!)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Andrea/ Tasty Tips BlogJune 3, 2013 at 8:29 PM

    AWESOMENESS! Dexter <3

    ReplyDelete
  21. Vedrana BrankovicJune 4, 2013 at 2:53 AM

    I'm so looking forward to seeing it.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Why are we virtually the same person?! I like yours better though because they are more wearable.

    ReplyDelete
  23. UHM, DUH! This is amazing!!! I can't believe both you and Ashley thought of doing this and it never even crossed my mind! So cool!

    ReplyDelete
  24. We just are too rad to be fully encapsulated in one human body.

    ReplyDelete
  25. We have a habit of someone always doing something super similar to someone else without fail! I like it, I like seeing someone elses take on the same idea! Like the kill outfit!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, please feel free to leave one! I can't always respond due to time constraints or pure forgetfulness, but if you have a specific question about something, ask here or email me!