Dexter Week Concludes! Blood Oranges...


Last Day of Dexter Week.

Boo.

Todays mani is a signature icon in the Dexter opening credits sequence - The Blood Orange.

These fruits have always intrigued me, they look so damn creepy! I personally can't eat or drink anything orange flavored because I have serious acid reflux, but I would try one if I could!


This is a montage of the opening credits of Dexter if you are unfamiliar.

And this is a close-up of the blood orange part of the credits.



Yeah, this piece of artwork is awesome.


So yeah...I did a background of Gina Tricot Cream (thank you to Ashley Smashley for this polish, it is now one of my all time favorite white/ish polishes ever!), then I traced out my orange design with black polish and a striper brush.

i filled in the oranges with Color Club Wham! Pow! and then went over it with my blood polish of the week, Essie Skirting the Issue.

I then added some random juice/blood splats around the oranges.
So yeah, I dunno. These look more like flowers than oranges, don't you think?
Oh well...I wanted to (and did!) do all freehands this week and not use any stamps, so regardless of a couple of not so great mani's, I do have THAT to be proud of!
I hope you guys like this week and it didn't put you off the blog too much if this wasn't your thing...I swear next week will be tamer!
But before I go - Dexter Season 8 Trailer!


And for the last time - please check out the other fantastic ladies doing Dexter Week alongside me:



You Might Also Like

10 comments

  1. I like the mani very much. Interesting idea.
    I love the opening credits to Dexter, both images and music. I actually hear/hum the music while I make eggs for breakfast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooooooh thank you for the trailer and er OOOOPS we've both done the same thing today hahah xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HA! I love that! It's a catchy little tune. I remember being so blown away the first time I saw the opening intro. I'm glad they kept it through the entire show and didn't change it up like some do. It is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heheh...well not entirely! But pretty close! The trailer looks AWESOME doesn't it? So glad I saw it now and not like 6 months ago and would have had to wait and wait! I like that they are premiering early this year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Peace, Love & PolishJune 7, 2013 at 1:23 PM

    Wow, that blood orange image is so disturbing, yet I'm completely intrigued by it! This is a cool mani, It almost looks whimsical, well the details in the orange do :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. ive always wanted to try a blood orange! these came out great :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, please feel free to leave one! I can't always respond due to time constraints or pure forgetfulness, but if you have a specific question about something, ask here or email me!