Interviews with Indies - Starry Earth


This weeks installment of Interviews with Indies features Starry Earth! Take it away!





What is the name of your brand?
Starry Earth

What is your name/names of everyone involved in your brand?
It’s just me, Elizabeth

What got you started in the polish making market?
I was looking for something to fill my time and after failing at polymer clay crafts, I came among the indie polish world. I thought “I can do that”. It didn't take long for me to have a lot of ideas for colors.

Do you have a background that was conducive to getting started in this field?
Besides being arty, nope. 

What is your thought process when naming colors?
If it’s a character based polish, I spend time researching their story and character traits and come up with an appropriate name. If it’s just a random color (like Mermaid Elixir and 70% Chance of Rain) I just look at the polish and think of what it reminds me of and go from there. 

Where do you derive your inspiration for your creations?
Various cartoon characters and pop culture usually. Otherwise just mixing colors together to see what looks good. 

Where do you create?
At the dining room table that we rarely use.

Do you make polish full time?
As of now it’s something I do on my days off.

What is your favorite polish that you did NOT make?
Indie-wise: NV Robin Laid an Egg. Non-Indie: Julep Courteney.

What is your favorite polish brand?
I don’t really have a favorite per se but the brand I have the most of is China Glaze.

What is your favorite polish from your own line?
Probably Treasures Untold. I just love the color combo. And Jack-o-Fright because I love the orange holo glitter in the black jelly base :D

What is the best part about making polish?
The best part when I put together the colors and glitter types that I had imagined in my mind and seeing it in the bottle.

What is the worst?
Glitter EVERYWHERE. 

How many polish shades have you made to date?
22

How many polishes do you have in your own personal stash?
Around 100

What is your one favorite ingredient?
GLITTER! 

Do you make non-polish products? If so, tell us about them!
Nope!

Tell us where your polishes are available to purchase?

Do you have a website/facebook/blog? Give us any links you want.

What does the future hold for your brand?
I’ve got at least 3 more collections in the works that I’m super excited to start working on. 

Do you have anything else you'd like my readers to know about you or your brand?
I’m a fangirl first and foremost so definitely expect some more fandom / tv show / movie related polish lines in the future. 

Now let's check out some of the photos Elizabeth sent over for us!


Magic in the Air (Over Julep Courteney)


Honor Bound


Jack-0-Fright


Fantastic stuff, Elizabeth! Make sure and go check out her shop and social media sites!


You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Love hearing all about Indie Brands; would love to have a go at making my own polish one day :) Very inspiring stuff

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, please feel free to leave one! I can't always respond due to time constraints or pure forgetfulness, but if you have a specific question about something, ask here or email me!