Gnarly Number Ones for October 2013



Here it is, November...time for another edition of the Gnarly Number Ones!


Favorite Tried Polish - With that massive OPI Holiday collection under my belt, it was obvious to me something there would be in the running for fave status this month. And I was right....Baby Please Come Home, one of the Liquid Sands from the OPI Mariah Carey Holiday 2013 was hands down a big, big favorite:

Favorite Untried Polish - My lovely friend Nory sent me a little package a few weeks ago for helping her with her blog and amongst it was a long time secret lemming of mine - NARS Storm Bird! So I'm soooo excited to get that on soon!
Photo Source - Liesl Loves Pretty Things

Favorite Indie Polish - I gushed like a schoolgirl over Master of Disguise by Delush Polish, here is why:

Favorite Untried Indie - Another awesome Indie I acquired recently was ANOTHER polish sent to me by a sweetiepie friend, Jolène, just because. It's Elevation Polish Gobi:
Photo Source - Elevation Polish

Biggest Milestone - I'm not sure, October has been kind of blurry in terms of the blog, like those times when you feel like you have been really busy or really far behind and you know you did something, but where is it? I hit 400k pageviews on this blog this month which was pretty cool! 

Most Viewed Post for the Month - Taylor Blue by OPI Swatch & Giveaway Post was very successful this month, which makes me happy knowing a polish created for such a wonderful cause was so well received!

New in My Stash - so much!! I have China Glaze Holiday coming up for you this week. And I got a bunch of new polish to review that you've already seen, packages from friends came this month AND I even got a few early birthday pressies already! But since I'm doing this newer feature on the fly, I will start taking pictures of these newbie items for next months Gnarly Number Ones!

MY Favorite Mani - There were quite a few manis I was proud of in October, but I can say with certainty that the Mondrian nails I did for Digit-al Dozen Skittles Week was my favey fave!

Favorite Product - I recently acquired the Orly Argan Oil Cuticle Oil from a swap and I LOOOOOVE it. It has a lemon smell (why do almost ALL mainstream cuticle products smell like lemons, anyway?) - I love to use it at night and then apply my hand cream over it!
Photo Source - Enjoy Argan Oil

Favorite New Technique Or Tip - not new to some, but I decided to give this a try recently and its amazing for stampophiles. Using tape to remove the residue on the stamper! I just keep a piece of sticky duct tape near my nail station and set my polish bottle on top of it to keep it in place when I'm stamping and I NEVER have to clean the stamper with acetone again!

Favorite Collection - I'm going with upcoming this time and it's the Gwen Stefani for OPI collection. DYING for this to come!
Photo Source - OPI

Favorite New Thing In general - Honestly - just having working internet makes me happy right now. And yesterday my new external network adapter came in the mail and I have full signal strength!

Favorite TV - Yay for fall! We love American Horror Story, Walking Dead, Sons of Anarchy, Boardwalk Empire, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia and Eastbound & Down. Also liking a few network shows like Elementary and Brooklyn 99.


Favorite Video Game - It's been nothing but Candy Crush around here. So much so I even managed to get my boyfriend addicted to it last week too!

What are your favorites from last month!?



Image Map

You Might Also Like

0 comments